6/27 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

Just now, Malike said:

I wish we had John Gray. He's actually very good.

WE MIGHT GET HIM...

Gray signed a 4 year , $56,000,000 contract with the Texas Rangers, including $56,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000. In 2024, Gray will earn a base salary of $13,000,000, while carrying a total salary of $13,000,000.

Jon Gray | MLB - Spotrac.com

Spotrac.com

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

WE MIGHT GET HIM...

Gray signed a 4 year , $56,000,000 contract with the Texas Rangers, including $56,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000. In 2024, Gray will earn a base salary of $13,000,000, while carrying a total salary of $13,000,000.

Jon Gray | MLB - Spotrac.com

Spotrac.com

image.jpeg

I wonder if Texas will sell. They are not doing well.

14 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Mountcastle's first ball was 105 off the bat and 36 degree angle.  It went 395 and stayed in.

Kjerstad's HR was 104 off the bat and 35 degree angle.  It went 415 and was gone by a good amount.

Baseball is weird.

One degree too high.

Judge isn't as far from Henderson offensively as it would seem on first glance because of the park effects difference.  There's about 8 or 9 batting runs separating them.  That's more a testament to how insane Judge has been, because Gunnar is 3rd in MLB in batting runs.

22 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I rarely listen to games on the radio for more than a few innings. Last night I heard almost the whole game on radio. I learned (or started to learn) not to react to Newman's initial calls, which were often wrong, confusing and/or incomplete, and to wait until after the play, when she usually will describe what happened. 

If Ben or Palmer are gone, I often switch over to the radio feed, but yeah, sadly Melanie does not do it for me. I wish she did. I do like Geoff Arnold and Wagner however. 

In the CLE series, I watch their feed. Their guys were quite good imho. It was kind of odd to see their broadcast digitally brown out the T Rowe Price square ad behind home plate, however. It looked like an amateurish Photoshop smear of the surrounding bricks. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

One degree too high.

I don't think launch angle explains it, the ball with similar angle/EV that Mountcastle hit is a HR a pretty high percentage of the time.

My best guesses are 1: he got an unjuiced ball, 2: he somehow put some topspin on the ball to knock it down, or 3: the ball caught some weird wind gust.

2 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Judge isn't as far from Henderson offensively as it would seem on first glance because of the park effects difference.  There's about 8 or 9 batting runs separating them.  That's more a testament to how insane Judge has been, because Gunnar is 3rd in MLB in batting runs.

Judge can hit the ball out of the grand canyon but he gets a ton of RF HR's in Yankee Stadium, cheapies.

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

If they both keep going like this it'll be one interesting AL MVP race.

The best argument Gunnar has going for him is he plays SS, and well too.  If he gets to 50 HR he'll be the second shortstop in the history of MLB to do so (A-Rod did it twice).

12 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Baby Cheeks is easier to say than his name. Maybe this nickname will stick. That HR took forever to leave the park. Yes, I'm about 15 minutes behind. 

I much prefer “Silent J” because it is unique. It’s hard to find another person who could use it. Well, outside, Norway or Finland that is.