Wednesday 7/10 Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• He is a favorite of mine. I loved him being mic’ed up.
    • As of a few days ago, his OAA was -2 in July 
    • Without putting too much into it, when Gunnar had the ball and ready to throw it, Profar was between 6-7.5 steps away from first (I suppose ready to throw is debatable). Earlier in the game on the sliding play over the middle, Gunnar threw out Peralta with 6 steps left, and he threw out Arraez on a double play with 5 steps left. Would he have gotten him? Not sure. To say he had “no chance” is wrong. I counted steps on the Gamecast 3D. Very useful for something like this, but I can’t figure out how to post the screen shot that shows Profar’s distance. Feel free to run it yourself and let me know if you disagree.
    • In the 2021 draft they took Creed Willems, a HS catcher, in the 8th round and went way overslot at 1M. I generally agree with your points.   They drafted 4 HS position players this year.  None were high profile but Layton, the 6th rounder, signed for 700K.   The 19th rounder, Whitaker, signed for 150K.    Hopefully they sign at least one of the remaining two.   
    • It all sort of balances out as he also made a couple plays most SS wouldn’t have managed. Though he would have had a third error yesterday if not for a great pick by Mounty. As mentioned by Malike, he’s throwing on the run too much. On one play yesterday he threw to 1B while on the run to the right while it looked like he had more than enough time to plant his right foot and make a balanced throw.  He’s not a reckless player as evidenced in his baserunning, but he has to learn when to pick his spots as to when to try and make the highlight reels, and when to be content that he kept the ball from getting through the infield and just hold it.
    • I dont think you piled on. Its a fact unless Adley is injured, Dont think youre going to McCann at all.
    • There are only 3 options here imo. 1.  He is just in a total slump....for whatever reason. 2.  He does have the yips doing a straight forward, set your feet throw.  So he feels like if he jumps or runs while throwing?  It stops him from overthinking and he can just.......be. 3.  He got into a bad habit from getting too big of a head and is trying to make every play an instragram or tik tok worthy play. Whatever it is?  IMO he just needs to go back to basics.  Get in front of the ball.  Plant the feet. Throw to first base.  The weak line drive that he misplayed today was imo 100% because he has lost all confidence in his fielding. The interference play?  He for sure got interfered with.  But at the same time he embellished the fall.  He could have thrown it if he wanted to.  But I think he saw what I saw if you watched the replay from the 3rd base pov.  (they showed it once)  IMO he had no chance to throw out the runner at first.  Therefore I was not too upset by the umpire overturn. 
  • Popular Contributors