Sunday 7/14 11:30 am vs Yankees

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Gunnar took his time and didn’t even attempt To throw it very hard. At least that’s how it appeared.

Just watching them it's no wonder they are at the bottom of the league in turning DPs.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

its really hard to believe how bad Audley and Westburg have fallen...completely lost at the plate...I dint know if we can win this game...but the time off HAS to be good for those guys..they are lost...

Except they have to spend their break traveling to Texas and preparing for a baseball game.  Not much of a break.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

That DP was close. This team is not good at turning DPs.

I didn't watch the play, but it's not unusual for fielders to take all the time they have before firing to first. You can't read much into "distance to first base".

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

That DP was close. This team is not good at turning DPs.

It was a great DP.  Gunnar actually took his time and didn’t rush it like he tends to at times.  You don’t have to rush everything and then throw it away.  

1 minute ago, SouthRider said:

Except they have to spend their break traveling to Texas and preparing for a baseball game.  Not much of a break.

Not to mention consulting with their stylists for the red carpet show.

• Upvote 1

Adley has decided to swing for the fences now on most swings. Someone has given him some information that his damage rate is actually better despite the lower OBP by just swinging for the fences. In fact, I think they all have been given this info.

Now pitchers are changing how they pitch them and we're seeing all these swings and misses and rare opposite base hits unless they get fisted and late. 

It's a terrible approach. It's not fun to watch when it's not working.

What happened to working the pitchers? What happened to taking what the pitchers give you? 

They have two hitting coaches who are data driven but have no experience fixing swings really and they are giving the team the wrong approach in my opinion.

Adley has decided to swing for the fences now on most swings. Someone has given him some information that his damage rate is actually better despite the lower OBP by just swinging for the fences. In fact, I think they all have been given this info.

Now pitchers are changing how they pitch them and we're seeing all these swings and misses and rare opposite base hits unless they get fisted and late. 

It's a terrible approach. It's not fun to watch when it's not working.

What happened to working the pitchers? What happened to taking what the pitchers give you? 

They have two hitting coaches who are data driven but have no experience fixing swings really and they are giving the team the wrong approach in my opinion.