403 errors

Tony-OH

55 minutes ago, now said:

Is this a thread about the Yankees "defense"? ;)

Position 403 is the shortstop in the ninth dimension.  It's a really tricky throw to first from there so I'm not surprised that he made an error. 

• Haha 2

This is a great site, no doubt. But for a few weeks I get 403 errors when I try to post. I've only been able to get a few to go through like this one. I know this is frustrating for Tony too. Fingers crossed things will start working properly soon.

The 1890 Brooklyn Gladiators of the Player's League also made exactly 403 errors. I believe they and the '99 Senators are the only MLB teams to have accomplished this feat.

I don't know a whole lot about the Gladiators. They were thrown together during the labor disputes of 1890 and the league only lasted that one season. They went 26-73-1, and none of their players really stand out. I recognize their second baseman, Push-'em-Up (or Move Up depending on your sources) Joe Gerhardt (no relation to 1980s O's outfielder Ken Gerhart), but he OPS'd .539 that year. Third baseman Jumbo Davis (listed at 5'11", 195) was their best hitter, but only played 38 games and made 25 errors. 35-year-old Move Up made 47 errors in 95 games.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Upvote 1