2024 17th Round Pick (#519): Iziah Salinas - LHP - (J1) Cowley County CC (KS)

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

All that time and he ends up signing for the $150K bonus his draft position is assigned. Guess we know who won that negotiation. ;)

Either way, now the young man can try and improve his stuff in a professional environment. I suppose the team sees a way to get more velocity out of him despite by a smallish left-hander, but hey, that's what development is about. 

I would say Honeycutt won the negotiation because the O's spent every dollar up to 5% over the draft allotment of which only 150k went to Salinas.  I hope Honeycutt earns all that bonus money.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would say Honeycutt won the negotiation because the O's spent every dollar up to 5% over the draft allotment of which only 150k went to Salinas.  I hope Honeycutt earns all that bonus money.

This isn't right.  None of the overage went to Salinas.  Picks in rounds 11-20 can sign for up to $150K without causing an overage.  He signed for $150K.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

This isn't right.  None of the overage went to Salinas.  Picks in rounds 11-20 can sign for up to $150K without causing an overage.  He signed for $150K.

I guess I didn't understand that.  So even if the O's were at 5% over their draft alignment, they could still sign Salinas.  Also, I guess Honeycutt took every dollar he could.  Boras was hard at work for him.  Added yet another Boras client.  🙄