Will the Orioles offer Burnes a QO this off season ?

jem709

Will Orioles offer Burnes A QO this off season?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Will Orioles offer Burnes A QO this off season?

• Yes
    • No

A more important question is...

Will Santander put up good enough 2nd half stats that we offer him the QO and he turns it down?

I would like to get the pick for him AND see him get a nice 3 year deal for big money from another club, as he deserves it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not even sure you could offer Kimbrel one.

Kimbrel received a qualifying offer from the Red Sox before, which makes him ineligible for another one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• So far.   A 2-1 split would be a huge letdown after spanking the White Sox so badly in the first two games.  Finish the job!   
    • I just wanted to hear what everyone thought of last night’s broadcast, using the Statcast data and adding Alex Fast to the booth to discuss the use of the data.    Personally, I thought the idea was great as a one-time event, and well-executed.   I had to mute the broadcast for a couple of innings to take an important phone call, but I thought the dialogue between Alex and Ben about the science and art of pitching was fantastic.   And Kevin Brown did a fantastic job of prompting the discussion and asking detailed questions.   I wouldn’t want to do that every night, but as a one-time exercise it was extremely educational.   It was also kind of fortunate that the game was a laugher, since it allowed for a full discussion without distracting from a tense ballgame.   My one regret is that I would have liked a little more focus on the fielding and base running metrics.   For example, what was the catch probability on Slater’s play that ended the game?   Seemed that 90% of the discussion was on pitching metrics.  But that’s okay, it was still very interesting to me.  
    • Besides the upper levels, mostly Norfolk, there haven’t  been many good stories or emerging prospects in the system this year.   Now, I finally see two pitchers I could get excited about a little and they’re not Oriole prospects anymore.   Call it a vent.   It bothers me.    I want to see guys in our system establishing themselves as legit prospects.   For the first time in the last few years, there really wasn’t much, if any, of that.
    • I haven’t been shy about being annoyed by your constant lobbying for Mayo, but I agree with you here.  I won’t be surprised if Mayo starts tonight’s game.  
    • It was reported that he would start a rehab assignment around Sept. 10.  
    • Any updates on Kjerstad?  Is he playing yet in AAA or is he still down?  
    • I agree that the Orioles seem to not do their rookies exactly great.  In a perfect world I think all well thought of prospects should get what I call the "Markakis chance"  which is just sticking with the kid through thick and thin for at least two months till they have a chance to settle in and get comfortable.  This length of time actually fits Markakis and Ripken and Henderson's rookie season last year.    But maybe Elias is having a tough time getting the kids constant playing time while also attempting to win every game possible.  
  • Popular Contributors