Is Urias a luxury that we can afford to keep?

We're 15-18 our last 33 games.  We're in a June/July swoon.  Our offense has been struggling.  It's time to insert Holliday and Mayo's bats into this lineup.  Mateo can play 2nd Base while Westburg can play 3B if needed in late game situations.  

Elias is being cautious here, and trying to keep Urias on this team.  That's not a luxury he can afford anymore.  I don't see Urias back with this team next year.   

The only thing that should alter this plan is if we plan to trade Holliday.  

16 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Urias has a 1.016 OPS  in 31 PA's in July, so he's actually been one of the better hitters this month.

That would put him at or close to the top. we sure have some guys in slumps that need to snap out of it

23 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

When Mateo goes on the 60 day I don’t think he will be a luxury any more.

I think the argument could have been made when Mateo and Urias were both healthy, but not with Mateo likely gone for the season. And Urias hasn't been terrible he's been a league average hitter for the season and provides solid defense at 3B.

I will admit with Norby being called up that I do want to see a lineup with Norby at 2B and Westburg at 3B. Thee offense needs a spark and Norby might provide it. Westburg has been slumping this month too so maybe you give him a rest day every week.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We're 15-18 our last 33 games.  We're in a June/July swoon.  Our offense has been struggling.  It's time to insert Holliday and Mayo's bats into this lineup.  Mateo can play 2nd Base while Westburg can play 3B if needed in late game situations.  

Elias is being cautious here, and trying to keep Urias on this team.  That's not a luxury he can afford anymore.  I don't see Urias back with this team next year.   

The only thing that should alter this plan is if we plan to trade Holliday.  

I truly believe that one of Mateo or Urias will be gone by August 1. I think Elias is being cautious only in so far as he doesn't want to give either away for nothing.