8/9 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

I coached my son on a travel ball team that didn't travel from his age 13 to age 16 years.   We live in a small,  fairly poor community in California and most of the kids didn't have means to travel.   I had a key to the ball field and the lights and would let other coaches know if they didn't have a tournament on a weekend,  we had a field and a team and if they split the cost for unless and baseballs,  we were there ready to play.  All of our games were at our home field. 

Just now, Yossarian said:

I coached my son on a travel ball team that didn't travel from his age 13 to age 16 years.   We live in a small,  fairly poor community in California and most of the kids didn't have means to travel.   I had a key to the ball field and the lights and would let other coaches know if they didn't have a tournament on a weekend,  we had a field and a team and if they split the cost for unless and baseballs,  we were there ready to play.  All of our games were at our home field. 

I would let the kids know I would be at the ball park every Friday night and if they wanted to come and work on anything,  I was there to help them.   During games,  I made sure every kid learn and played them two innings at an infield positron and two innings at an outfield position,  at a minimum.