TT: This is who the Orioles are right now (23-27 in last 50 games)

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I was able to do it via the Team Batting game finder tool using Stathead on Baseball-Reference.

I wasn’t able to find that info via any “free” source. At least in a league-wide ranking form. You can find it for any team on Baseball-Reference from the batting game log tab on each team’s page. If you click the “R” header, you can sort the runs column low to high, and it will show how many games they have of each run total, as you can see for the O’s here:

IMG_3881.thumb.jpeg.a80c3cfe45a83b7e09626dd6f9e4d7b5.jpeg

Doing that for all 30 teams and comparing them requires more commitment than I possess, though. That’s where the Stathead cheat comes in awfully handy…

Thanks. I see it’s $9 a month. 

Appreciate it. 

Edited by eddie83

31 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Fedde has an ERA of 5.68 since joining the Cardinals so not sure that is quality.  Kopech was an absolute mess before the trade  and hasn’t been good in almost 2 years,  He had a 5.43 ERA last year and 4.74 era this year with an ERA over 6 in the month of July before being traded.  He was a much bigger reclamation project then Dominguez and even Soto.  He has been great in LA but there was nothing that said this is a quality guy to get in a trade at the time.  Even the boards biggest Kopech supporter on here who wanted him said he was a mess and to not go after him.  

SG was Kopech biggest supporter what was his final verdict if the Orioles should had went for him?

7 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

That is definitely false.  I haven’t looked at 3 runs but we have the fewest number of games scoring 2 runs or less in the league so no way we have most games scoring 3 or less in league.  I would bet we are probably the best in league there or close to top.  

Bottom line you can give me all the fancy stats you want but night in and night out I see a team struggling to score 3 runs. How many of those were earlier in the season when they were hitting the hell out of the ball. Here we go again tonight 1 run through 5 

4 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Bottom line you can give me all the fancy stats you want but night in and night out I see a team struggling to score 3 runs. How many of those were earlier in the season when they were hitting the hell out of the ball. Here we go again tonight 1 run through 5 

Is this stat fancy? 

1st half runs per game: 4.94

2nd half runs per game: 5.38

11 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Is this stat fancy? 

1st half runs per game: 4.94

2nd half runs per game: 5.38

Come on now  stats can be fudged. How many times have we seen this team score 14 runs or what have you then the next several games do nothing. Look if you don't see the offensive struggles of this team then I don't know what to tell you 

35 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Come on now  stats can be fudged. How many times have we seen this team score 14 runs or what have you then the next several games do nothing. Look if you don't see the offensive struggles of this team then I don't know what to tell you 

Exactly. Screw numbers. I have eyeballs. Like you said, stats can be manipulated. We have games where we win 12-7 followed by a string of games where we get 4 hits and 1 or 2 runs.

This team isn't clutch. We rarely come from behind. We have no closer. Remember last year when we couldn't lose a series? Now we just hope we don't get swept.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I was able to do it via the Team Batting game finder tool using Stathead on Baseball-Reference.

I wasn’t able to find that info via any “free” source. At least in a league-wide ranking form. You can find it for any team on Baseball-Reference from the batting game log tab on each team’s page. If you click the “R” header, you can sort the runs column low to high, and it will show how many games they have of each run total, as you can see for the O’s here:

IMG_3881.thumb.jpeg.a80c3cfe45a83b7e09626dd6f9e4d7b5.jpeg

Doing that for all 30 teams and comparing them requires more commitment than I possess, though. That’s where the Stathead cheat comes in awfully handy…

I did that and posted it for the top five offenses a couple of days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Exactly. Screw numbers. I have eyeballs. Like you said, stats can be manipulated. We have games where we win 12-7 followed by a string of games where we get 4 hits and 1 or 2 runs.

This team isn't clutch. We rarely come from behind. We have no closer. Remember last year when we couldn't lose a series? Now we just hope we don't get swept.

And pretty sure the last 3 Or 4 times we’ve scored 10 or more we’ve lost. Way too many games the last 2 months with 5 or 6 straight innings of garbage offense and nothing at all early in the game. Its who they are at this point, a .500 team since June.

I just don’t see anyway we do anything in the playoffs again(if we even get in). This offense just isn’t good and we don’t have the BP to play a lot of tight games. Just really disappointing. Reminds me of 2014 sometimes but we don’t have that kind of BP. 

Edited by MDK02

6 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I just don’t see anyway we do anything in the playoffs again(if we even get in). This offense just isn’t good and we don’t have the BP to play a lot of tight games. Just really disappointing. Reminds me of 2014 sometimes but we don’t have that kind of BP. 

I agree, but how does this offense go from being one of the best to not very good in just two months?

And where o where has Mounty's power gone to? 

They just aren’t remotely fun to watch right now. Pitching is good? Offense barely scrapes out 5 hits. Offense is rolling? They’ll give up 8+ runs. Add in the fact that they make game changing errors (or just bad defensive plays) weekly and it’s just frustrating baseball. Injuries or not, they should be better than this. They haven’t won more than 2 games in a row in almost 2 months and that’s pretty telling about how inconsistent they’ve been. 

Also, they’re not winning anything with Rutschman being a replacement level player, as he has been since July. He needs to be one of their best players. If he is, they should be fine once they get the injured guys back. 

3 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Fedde has an ERA of 5.68 since joining the Cardinals so not sure that is quality.  Kopech was an absolute mess before the trade  and hasn’t been good in almost 2 years,  He had a 5.43 ERA last year and 4.74 era this year with an ERA over 6 in the month of July before being traded.  He was a much bigger reclamation project then Dominguez and even Soto.  He has been great in LA but there was nothing that said this is a quality guy to get in a trade at the time.  Even the boards biggest Kopech supporter on here who wanted him said he was a mess and to not go after him.  

Fedde had 2 clunkers, 2 solid, and 1 meh start with the Cards. But who are you more bullish on going forward? Rogers or Fedde? Come on, now.

As for Kopech: I’m not a GM or a scout. I just play one on this forum. But it’s mighty telling how much Elias whiffed on Soto but how well Gomes did with Kopech. They unlocked something. It’s clear the O’s haven’t unlocked anything with Soto nor Rogers so far.

That’s not to say that Eflin wasn’t a great pick, he was. And Seranthony has been solid, alas he has some warts. Slater and Eloy are fine role players, I’ll give Elias those picks.

But man, Rogers and Soto felt like desperation signings. 

13 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I agree, but how does this offense go from being one of the best to not very good in just two months?

And where o where has Mounty's power gone to? 

I’m less worried about the offense, tbh. I’m more worried about Burnes, Kremer, and Rogers. Burnes has a track record, so I think he’ll get his crap together, but this rotation isn’t good enough to have 4 question marks out of 5. So it needs Burnes. Then you roll the dice with Kremer, Suarez and, well, ideally Povich is here instead of Rogers, but your #5 spot is usually 50/50.

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

But man, Rogers and Soto felt like desperation signings. 

100%

Eflin has been great, but basically other teams fleeced Elias because he panicked. At this point Elias gets a well deserved D for his deadline moves and that may be generous.