8/19 @ NY Mets

eddie83

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I wasn’t expecting that.  It wasn’t just the strike out but good velocity and movement.  That stuff can play but he must not constantly get that.  

He struck out 30 batters in 24 innings with the Pirates in 2023. But he also got hit hard otherwise.

So I was listening on the radio on the drop by Santander.   How bad was it?   The radio announcer made it seem like it was a really tough play, long run at full speed and then very close to the wall.   But a few posts on here seem to indicate it was a bad drop.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'd say that you'd be right based on the fact he was scratched from the lineup 2 nights in a row this weekend 

Other teams seem to feel free to run on his arm. Could be a death blow in the post-season.

2 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Rogers aside, this offense is horrendous. I've said it before, but its the biggest fools gold offense in baseball if you just looked at season team stats. They only score on homeruns, seemingly never get the clutch hit, and lack situational hitting as well. We had masked a lot of those issues by leading the league in homeruns, but this is not a good offense, and the approach has been bad all year. I wish our high OBP guys from the minors and years past would get back to that.

You said that yesterday and I proved it false .  We lead in homers and are top 10 in hits, doubles and triples.  This is not just a home run offense.  

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'd say that you'd be right based on the fact he was scratched from the lineup 2 nights in a row this weekend 

Yes, and with a "sore lower back".   That is exactly the kind of injury that often becomes "nagging" and lasts a while.

Just now, SteveA said:

So I was listening on the radio on the drop by Santander.   How bad was it?   The radio announcer made it seem like it was a really tough play, long run at full speed and then very close to the wall.   But a few posts on here seem to indicate it was a bad drop.

Not easy play. By side wall. I would argue should have been caught. 

• Thanks 1