Stick a fork in us

DocJJ

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

First, you don't know me. I've been on this board for at least 15 years. I was an Oriole batboy for two seasons . My home is an Oriole shrine.I don't really care what you think of me as a fan, or for that matter how you feel I am "in reality". I bleed Orange and Black and wear my heart on my sleeve and every other cliche' about being a fan you could write.I'm also very accepted by my family as a bit obsessed about my team.If that appears insufferable to you, so be it. But I'll tell you this, when the Orioles are rolling I'm euphoric, and when they struggle, I lament and feel down. You might call that "weak as a feather in the wind"(wasn't that a Bob Dylan song?), but that's  just called being a fan....or at least a different kind of fan than you would like me to be. So, go ahead, rip me as a fan.I know who and what I am . I may not be for everybody here, or frankly ANYBODY here, but I LOVE my Birds. One person's passion and obsession is your "weak as a feather".Say whatever you want. I'll keep being the fan I've always been for 60 years.

Jesus Christ!!! You quoted what Explosivo wrote, not me.  Yes, I see now that you certainly are not a journalist, given that terrible mistake on your part, Roy.

Just now, Chelsea_Phil said:

Jesus Christ!!! You quoted what Explosivo wrote, not me.  Yes, I see now that you certainly are not a journalist, given that terrible mistake on your part, Roy.

And tell me this, Roy. When you hear ‘we are family’ on the radio, Do you grab the radio and smash it to bits, like I do?  Well, I do it figuratively , but you get my point.

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

I put the quote at the headline..im not that adept at pasting...I know it wasnt you...im sorry for the misidentification..this is all about my pasting...

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

And tell me this, Roy. When you hear ‘we are family’ on the radio, Do you grab the radio and smash it to bits, like I do?  Well, I do it figuratively , but you get my point.

I dont hate the Pirates or the 79 Pirate team...I hate that we blew the series going home...I have never worn a Yankee cap...even as a joke, though...my hatred of the Yankees is profound.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:10 PM, DocJJ said:

I'm fresh out of optimism.  We are losing to sub .500 teams.  We've lost too many starting pitchers.  Our bullpen is lousy.  We've stopped hitting.

Tonight our best starter got shellacked for the 2nd start in a row while we are shut out by a 5-11 5.48 pitcher.

I think we are done for this season...

Anthony Santander and Jackson Holiday say kindly you are looking in the wrong place for optimism. And get on board or go pound sand. Lol

• Upvote 2