Terry Crowley at today's Orioles hall of fame lunch

baloriole4

Was anyone at today's Orioles hall of fame lunch and hear Crowley speak?   Hearing that Crow talked during his induction speech "about Elias and his involvement in the Astros cheating" stuff.   Anyone there that can tell us more about what happened and how it went down?    Not surprisingly the local baseball media keeping it quiet. 

Crowley’s comments came out of nowhere & really had no place within the context of his talk & the hall of fame event itself.     There was no reason for him to say what he did.   He said he did not like Elias; that Elias snuck out of Houston as all of the sign-stealing scandal came down, etc.     

As the saying goes “sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all.”

5 minutes ago, Marsh said:

Crowley’s comments came out of nowhere & really had no place within the context of his talk & the hall of fame event itself.     There was no reason for him to say what he did.   He said he did not like Elias; that Elias snuck out of Houston as all of the sign-stealing scandal came down, etc.     

As the saying goes “sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all.”

That’s… unfortunate. C’mon, Terry, read the room. 

If he had actual evidence I have no issue with him taking advantage of a for him rare chance to speak to power.

If he speculating that is something else.

Imo if he was involved he should be smeared with the same brush as the others.  (Despite the fact that I don't care that they cheated)

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he had actual evidence I have no issue with him taking advantage of a for him rare chance to speak to power.

Even if he did. Wrong time, wrong place. 

I wonder if some senility has set in with Crow. Absolutely dumb on his part.

41 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he speculating that is something else.

Imo if he was involved he should be smeared with the same brush as the others.  (Despite the fact that I don't care that they cheated)

Kind of an odd axe to grind if true. And I don't see what evidence he could possibly have that isn't in the public domain.

Crowley mentioned being proud to go into the Orioles HOF with Nick "like a baseball son to me" in some kind comments MASN Orioles published.     I thought his anecdote near the end about Ted Williams being a bad hitting coach, and that maybe little infielders shouldn't try for 6% uppercut was interesting watching guys like Anthony Volpe and Connor Norby in recent years.    We're lucky Westburg, Gunnar and Holliday all look to have the gifts to deploy the plan effectively.

So Crowley shows up for today’s induction wearing what appears to be a white undershirt.   Then, instead of having the inductees make acceptance speeches, they play excerpts from what they said at the luncheon.  Afraid of what Crowley might say in front of a stadium full of people?   They’ve always done live speeches before so far as I know. 

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Even if he did. Wrong time, wrong place. 

I wonder if some senility has set in with Crow. Absolutely dumb on his part.

I think it's kinda gross to throw that type of speculation out there, but you be you.

Wrong place, wrong time?  What other time is he likely to have?  How often does he get a mike and an audience?

I'd be shocked to find out Elias wasn't at the very least aware of what was going on.  If folks are going to get upset about it, they should be willing to accept that possibility.

• Confused 1