Hitting coach death watch

Three Run Homer

Is there going to be a hitting coach thread every time we score three or less?  I think we get it, the hitters have sucked for a while. 

How do you know it’s not just poor execution of the plan?  Guys trying to do too much, etc. Regardless, The idea of firing a hitting coach with two weeks left in the season is beyond stupid. 

18 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

They should get a hitting coach that tells them to hit the ball. Problem solved. 

It's hard to hit the ball when the hitter stands there like a statue and doesn't swing the bat. It's only a little easier to hit it when swinging at balls in the dirt, a couple inches off the ground, several inches inside or outside, and several inches above the strike zone. Unfortunately the Orioles currently have several players that do these things multiple times every game.

• Upvote 1

Down 2, with 2 on, no out with a 7 footer on the mound in wet conditions and the coaches don’t even call for a bunt with one of the fastest players on the team up to bat. Instead Mullins strikes out and naturally the O’s don’t score in the 7th.

I guess bunting there as a strategy would go against “the process”….

2 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Down 2, with 2 on, no out with a 7 footer on the mound in wet conditions and the coaches don’t even call for a bunt with one of the fastest players on the team up to bat. Instead Mullins strikes out and naturally the O’s don’t score in the 7th.

I guess bunting there as a strategy would go against “the process”….

I agree that's a poor decision.  But that's the manager's decision, not the hitting coaches' decision.   

But the fact remains that this offense has been ass for a month, and it's not just because of injuries.  It's easy to be a coach when everyone is doing well.  The measure of a coach is whether they can turn players around when they suck, and our hitting coaches are failing that test.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I agree that's a poor decision.  But that's the manager's decision, not the hitting coaches' decision.   

But the fact remains that this offense has been ass for a month, and it's not just because of injuries.  It's easy to be a coach when everyone is doing well.  The measure of a coach is whether they can turn players around when they suck, and our hitting coaches are failing that test.  

Yes it’s Hyde’s call but they literally employ an offensive strategist coach (Cody Asche) so I’m gonna pass the blame around a little.

On a separate note, too often they’re hacking away 1-0 which results in ground outs to 2nd. Process baby!