BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That curve ball had a huge break even though it was a ball. Koji needs to attack them and cruise through the next two innings.

This could end up being a football score. Something like 14-13. I just hope DT uses his pen wisely. We need to win this. The first game of a series is important to set the tone. Also, our starting pitching now gets weaker real fast.

I wonder if it is the new stance?

Did they ever say why they changed it this off season and what it was supposed to accomplish?

It was because of his Achilles; I think he changed because they said he was able to get a lower center of gravity to be able to explode better out of his swing. I don't see it so far this year.

This ump is awesome. He might not have the greatest strike zone but he stands by his call like nobody else. Just sweet.

I hate when umpires have their own strike zone. The rule book clearly states what a strike is. It should not be open to interpretation.

I hate when umpires have their own strike zone. The rule book clearly states what a strike is. It should not be open to interpretation.

No, I'm talking about his demeanor in response to the plate call and K call. He's just like, "look, I saw it, you did not, I'm right, you're wrong, just chill." It's better than most umps who need to act like tough guys.

Archived