Rowell: .302/.368/.447 (as of May 7)

Frobby

Watch out, Rowell skeptics. He went 4 for 6 with a HR today. In his last 10 games he has hit .395/.425/.526. The light is starting to switch on!

By the way, a very key point is that Rowell is hitting .300 vs. LHP this year. This is huge for Rowell because he was very poor vs. LHP the last 2 years.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets not put him in the HOF just yet. IMO he should have been producing like this all along.

It is too early in the year to assume he will finish with numbers as strong as he has right now. However, I take issue with your statement that he should have been producing like this all along. The kid was 19 last year! At that age, Markakis was at Aberdeen, Snyder was at Delmarva and then back to Aberdeen, Reimold and Wieters were freshmen in college. You seem to constantly forget that this guy was playing WAY above the level of competition that most of his peers do. Even now, while repeating the league, he's nearly a year younger than anyone else on the team.

It is too early in the year to assume he will finish with numbers as strong as he has right now. However, I take issue with your statement that he should have been producing like this all along. The kid was 19 last year! At that age, Markakis was at Aberdeen, Snyder was at Delmarva and then back to Aberdeen, Reimold and Wieters were freshmen in college. You seem to constantly forget that this guy was playing WAY above the level of competition that most of his peers do. Even now, while repeating the league, he's nearly a year younger than anyone else on the team.

This is too true a statement to just pass over. Figure that if Rowell came out of college after his junior year last year and this was his first full professional season, we'd be thrilled to have him paying in A+, batting more than .300.

He didn't fly through the system like Lincecum and Snider did theirs, but Rowell could still very easily turn out a solid MLer. He spends next year in Bowie, maybe in OPACY by 2012 at 24 years old... I'll take that.

The only question is, where does he play?

This is too true a statement to just pass over. Figure that if Rowell came out of college after his junior year last year and this was his first full professional season, we'd be thrilled to have him paying in A+, batting more than .300.

He didn't fly through the system like Lincecum and Snider did theirs, but Rowell could still very easily turn out a solid MLer. He spends next year in Bowie, maybe in OPACY by 2012 at 24 years old... I'll take that.

The only question is, where does he play?

Billy will be 23 in 2012.;)

He's 20 years old.

Archived