5/27 Blue Jays @ Orioles

isestrex

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There we go Nick. I would have yelled in glee in my office had AJ scored. Those that could see it, should he have been sent?

I'm not gonna second guess the send like everyone else here. A couple innings ago I think we SHOULD have sent the runner and didn't.

With all the momentum on our side and with some of the throws Ive seen by Jays' defenders, I can't say it's not at the very least a good chance to risk it there.

and whew... close one there.. good job Baez.

Was there a collision? Did he have to slide or anything?

It was a really awkward head first slide but the catcher had so much time to turn that he pretty much smothered Jones into the ground. Which is probably why the slide was so awkward. I don't even know if he ever touched the plate.

We are going to set some kind of record for runners thrown out at the plate this year. Samuel has his arm on auto whril over there, however that call to go home may have been based on Jones speed and the hope of a throw up the line.

That one was not as bad as some this year...

True it was a good throw...but the throw got there so much sooner than jones that ANY throw near the plate probably would have gotten him

The ball got to the plate before Jones was on the screen....

Can we say.....new 3rd base coach? Seriously he has made some awful calls this season.

Aside from bad calls, he's responsible for coaching the players on baserunning and they make more mistakes on the bases than any team in the league. Plus, he works with the infielders on defense and they make a lot of mistakes. In his playing career, he was moved from 2B to the outfield because his inattentiveness caused him to make so many errors despite superior athletic ability. Sense a pattern? :scratchchinhmm: He needs to go - yesterday!

Archived