Mychal Givens speaks

For the rest of us, can you please provide what you expect Hobgood and Givens to receive?

I expect Hobgood to be around $2.5M and Givens to be closer to $1M. I would be surprised if Given received within $1M of Hobgood.

Hobgood will get less than slot money IMO, probably in in the neighborhood of $2.2 million as he is any easy sign and Givens is probably asking for $1-1.5 million because he thought he was supposed to be a first rounder.

I expect the Orioles to offer him $750-$800 K or so and he'll either take it or walk.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hobgood will get less than slot money IMO, probably in in the neighborhood of $2.2 million as he is any easy sign and Givens is probably asking for $1-1.5 million because he thought he was supposed to be a first rounder.

I expect the Orioles to offer him $750-$800 K or so and he'll either take it or walk.

I agree with Hobgood being less than $2.5mios. I think $1-1.5mios is too much for Givens, but am agnostic as to whether or not he would ask for that much.

Surprised, probably not in a good way. This guy sounds like a tough sign as he'll want first round money, probably close to what Hobgood will get. I'd hate to have wasted a pick on him if that's the case...

:laughlol::laughlol::laughlol: OH NO WE HAVE TO SIGN OVER SLOT!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :laughlol::laughlol::laughlol:

Quick MacPhail! Give this kid a lot of money so the organization is no longer perceived as cheap!!!!

Archived