6/24 Orioles at Marlins, Game 2

Skywalker76

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, they have held my interest well into June, which is about 5 weeks longer than normal. I was hoping they would get me to pre season football this year...but thats a lot to ask.

Reimold, Wieters, Jones, Hill, Bergeson, Berken, Hernandez... more to follow.

There is every reason to keep an eye on the development of this team. Even if the record doesn't end up great.

I'm just saying, that particular play does not happen in the course of a 162 game season.

It just doesn't, because the players at this level have enough sense to not let it happen.

It should not happen but it does on occassion. marco Scutaro turned a walk into a double catching Utley and Rollins napping a week or so ago. Half the blame goes to Wieters. He almost beaned the second base ump on that play.

Reimold, Wieters, Jones, Hill, Bergeson, Berken, Hernandez... more to follow.

There is every reason to keep an eye on the development of this team. Even if the record doesn't end up great.

More than enough to hold my interest.

It should not happen but it does on occassion. marco Scutaro turned a walk into a double catching Utley and Rollins napping a week or so ago. Half the blame goes to Wieters. He almost beaned the second base ump on that play.

I guess.

I'd blame part of it on Albers as well for doing a horrible job holding the runner, something he's not very good at.

But in terms of who made the most egregious mistake, it's Pie by a landslide.

People, don't sit there and act like the Orioles are reading this message board after games and being offended at our criticisms.

Some fans are okay with crap like this because they have "perspective." God bless you all, I wish stuff like this didn't ruin my night.

I usually have perspective too, but when I see little league mental mistakes, I sort of lose my perspective.

I'll get it back tomorrow, I guess. But the Marlins gave us a million chances to win this game. There's no excuse for losing a game like this.

This is why I hate the game threads sometimes. The O's just swept the Phillies on the road, and almost pulled a game out of their arses last night.

Yet so much venom for this team in this game. :noidea:

Yep. This has been an ugly game but the crapola that has flown around here tonight is incredible.

No kidding. I've been following the game as best I can, and periodically checking up on the game thread. It has been a marathon of negative blustery crap, a contest of who could out-bash the other one. However bad the game was, and it was ugly in places, the consistent tone in this thread was worse. And it wasn't just in response to poor plays, it was just about non-stop from beginning to end. A stranger reading it would conclude that people here hate the Orioles. It's embarrassing.

Archived