6/24 Orioles at Marlins, Game 2

Skywalker76

Its still a bad move. These guys can go two bases on a single and you have your 3-4-5 guys coming up. Why risk an out on the basepaths that's going to kill your rally?

Kakes struck out anyway. I don't think that necessarily killed our rally. It got B rob to third with one out, we should have brought him in.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kakes struck out anyway. I don't think that necessarily killed our rally. It got B rob to third with one out' date=' we should have brought him in.[/quote']

You don't play for one run in the first inning. But, yeah, we shouldve got him home.

what are you in a 50 team league?

HA! Nope, kept him all year even though he has been struggling, it is a dynasty league and I don't believe he is bad as he has been pitching. He is young and I believe he will improve. I have Billingsley, Hamels, Beckett, Kershaw, Bumgarner, Nolasco and Cahill right now.

BERKEN!!! *shakes fist* :cussing:

You remember that South Park episode where Randy Marsh doesn't want Stan to join a boyband but Stan and his mom keep insisting and finally Randy screams

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and smashes a glass table?

That's what I look like when lead-off walks happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’m a little surprised Tony is in the field today, looked dinged up towards the end of the game yesterday getting up slowly from both his slide into second and his diving catch. 
    • I'm not opposed to trading Kjerstad (assuming Santander is then re-signed), but trading him for a reliever of any stripe seems like a waste of resources. There should be more economical ways of building a strong bullpen, and Kjerstad is a big enough talent to be the centerpiece in a trade for a cost-controlled starter. That seems like the more impactful move to me. 
    • Sure service time factors in. But it also seems to me you and a few others like you, think the grass is always greener on the other side based on the constant overrating of other team's players, but totally act like our own prospects are worth pennies. The Orioles don't have the best farm system in MLB if all their prospects are all low rank and low value. I do agree with Moose's comment about the fetishization of some prospects around here, but then there's the other extreme of that with some of these ridiculous trade offers of giving away the farm for a brown paper bag. You're not giving what's really possible enough of an opportunity or enough thought.
    • You're right, context does matter. I get it, we love our prospects but some of them are going to have to be traded.  Trading Ortiz and Hall didn't hurt much because of 1.  the return and 2. they weren't, like, a member of the inner circle of prospects we've grown to fawn over on here. IMO, that group is Holliday, Cowser (although I'm gonna remind everyone here once again that a lot of you were ready to part with him this past offseason) Kjerstad, Basallo and Mayo.  IMO, Hall had enough time for the shine to wash off him and while he had his defenders here, Ortiz was a guy that would have a hard time finding a full time spot.  Those two guys were on the outside looking in...didn't know if Hall was a starter or a reliever and Ortiz wasn't Jackson Holliday or Jordan Westburg. People on here like fantasizing about filling out lineups 1-9 of completely home grown talent, first round picks that'll all pan out, that'll all be great players...and it's just not going to work out that way.  It's coming close, but not all of these guys are going to be studs, not all of these guys are going to be as great as we seem to think they'll be.   So, yeah, I'd be open to trading Kjerstad for an elite, cost controlled bullpen arm because we'd be dealing from a position of strength in order to address a big need.   
    • Not actually expecting it but would be a very baseball thing to happen.
    • Yeah I agree with your thought process on position players vs pitchers. But that’s also why the young cheap guys like Skenes are worth so much. Yeah, he may break, but he’s cheap and you don’t have to give him a ton of money like you would for a free agent pitcher. With our current situation, I’d definitely do Holliday for Skenes straight up. It’s very likely Holliday provides more value during their controlled years, but he’s more easily replaced. If we’re lucky and Skenes and Grayson can have a few healthy years together, I think that gives us a better chance at a world series than 6 healthy years of Holliday. 
  • Popular Contributors