6/24 Orioles at Marlins, Game 2

Skywalker76

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a tough night for me, Nolasco happens to be one of the pitchers on my fantasy team, and the only one pitching this evening, but I am hoping he gets annihilated. It will hurt in fantasy but who cares, I will take reality any day.

You have got to be ****ting me. Every single game someone gets out on the bases. Last night it could have cost us the game. Tonight it's already started in the first inning.

Oh and nice job Nick, I could feel the breeze from here.

I have more trouble with Nick not putting the ball in play than Pie getting caught on that steal..

Why????

Our biggest threat at the plate and 0 out. We try for a double steal.

SO frustrating how we find a way to always kill our own rallies.

I would argue the notion that Markakis is our biggest threat, as he proved in his at-bat.

I have more trouble with Nick not putting the ball in play than Pie getting caught on that steal..

Fair enough. I just don't see the point of a double-steal right there. Obviously the Orioles don't know how to run the bases. And yea Nick needs to be able to put the bat on the ball. No excuses for a K there especially on that pitch.

Why????

Our biggest threat at the plate and 0 out. We try for a double steal.

SO frustrating how we find a way to always kill our own rallies.

I am not sure it was supposed to be a double steal. I could Roberts was going the pitch before as he was not being dogged. Pie followed on his own. He should have stayed. He has not played much lately and probably was anxious to do something.

Two fastest guys on the team.. Pie didn't get a good jump.

Roberts has a strange hesitation move and Pie isn't used to running behind him. I think when Roberts broke back, Pie thought the steal was off and tried to get back to first instead of finishing his own steal. It's not okay, but it's not a mortal sin either; it's a learning experience.

Two fastest guys on the team.. Pie didn't get a good jump.

Its still a bad move. These guys can go two bases on a single and you have your 3-4-5 guys coming up. Why risk an out on the basepaths that's going to kill your rally?

Archived