Trembley losing control?

NewMarketSean

What are some examples of things that are happening that players should be held accountable for?

Who says they aren't being held accountable for them?

How should they be held accountable?

All the assorted crap that people complained about before the AS break has stopped happening. I believe the last board meltdown over holding people accountable was the flyball that dropped between Nick and Brian. Now people just parrot the same talking point about Trembley doesn't hold people accountable for poor fundamentals and what not, yet can't come up with any examples.

What are some examples of things that Dave Trembley is doing right as the manager of the Orioles?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He sat out three games in the last week!

He sat out two of the DET games and two of the BOS games. The last two series he has sat out four of the seven games.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?n1=morame01&t=b&year=

This isn't exactly mind-blowing research Sean.

Sorry, I thought there were 30 days in July.

We'll see how much PT Mora gets going forward.

Mora has sat out 3 games since the ASB. How is that "being benched?"

You might want to try 6 games sir. And if we're being fair, it wasn't until last week that he was told that he would see limited playing time and surprise surprise, he's sat 5 games in the last 8 days. I think that constitutes being benched.

You might want to try 6 games sir. And if we're being fair, it wasn't until last week that he was told that he would see limited playing time and surprise surprise, he's sat 5 games in the last 8 days. I think that constitutes being benched.

I stand corrected.

I still think he'll see his fair share of games going forward though.

What are some examples of things that Dave Trembley is doing right as the manager of the Orioles?
"the team's baserunning effficiency and defensive +/- have both improved since the all-star break. The team is playing smarter, more heads up ball." Check out Frobby's post in this same thread.

I'm far from the biggest Trembley supporter, but when I take a step back and look at things most of my criticisms are from April-June. I have no problem with how he handled Mora in the press or reportedly in the clubhouse. Guthrie is a guy who holds himself to a high standard and probably just has some frustration setting in. I'm a big believer in a manager's clubhouse presence. It's the largest factor. Obviously if he's lost the clubhouse he needs to go, but I'm not sure if I see evidence of that yet.

But, but, but...he should have sat 9 games in the last 8 days! He'll never learn this way! Now Ty Wiggy thinks he can do whatever he wants. Anarchy is coming...anarchy is coming.

I stand corrected.

See right there.

Where is the thread from you admitting you were wrong and praising Trembley for holding Mora accountable?

You were criticizing him without doing the least bit of research to back up your claims.

But, but, but...he should have sat 9 games in the last 8 days! He'll never learn this way! Now Ty Wiggy thinks he can do whatever he wants. Anarchy is coming...anarchy is coming.

Clearly Trembley has lost the clubhouse when the players are under the assumption that there are 9 games in 8 days. Next they'll be saying there's 8 days a week. I blame the Beatles.

See right there.

Where is the thread from you admitting you were wrong and praising Trembley for holding Mora accountable?

You were criticizing him without doing the least bit of research to back up your claims.

The elephant in the room was blocking his view of the facts.

I stand corrected.

Of course he will...he wasn't released. It's not like we have a much better option. But if Ty Wiggy keeps playing better, he should continue to play more. DT didn't say he'd get no PT going forward...just less.

Now that's a question worth asking. Reading posts from the strongest Trembley supporters, his greatest attributes are:

-- this team has played very poorly fundamentally for much of his tenure but that's the players' faults not his

-- this team has collapsed misearably, pretty much worse than any other team in baseball, the last two years of his tenure in August and September and now they are playing .333 post all star break, but that's the players' fault and not his

His primary attribute as a manager seems to be that no matter what goes wrong it will never be his fault. I don't see his supporters extolling anything that I would consider a true strength. Is he great at handling a bullpen? Is he great at managing a 25 man roster and getting everyone playing time? Is he great at formulating a lineup? Is he great at deciding when to pinch hit? Is he great at stratetic decisions such as when to employ little ball strategies and when not to? Is he great atgetting maximum effort out of his players? Even the people that argue vehemently against those who want a change don't seem to spend much time telling us what makes him a good manager.

I will say he gives a good press conference.

See right there.

No, I scanned the game log to see how many games Mora had missed in the past few weeks and miscalculated a few dates. I was 100% wrong and can own that.

However, now that the air has been cleared and Mora has had his benching, what is going to happen? Will Wigginton, who could realistically be our 3B next season get a majority of the playing time at 3B? Or will Mora assume full-time status there for the rest of the season?

That remains to be seen.

Archived