Trembley losing control?

NewMarketSean

I don't know what the point is and quite frankly I don't care. This is a completely BS thing for anyone to say. I am a member of this site to hear what knowledgable Orioles fans have to offer. I would never use the sentence that he did towards anyone for any reason.

There is a saying that it is hard to disprove a negative....this was widely discussed during the communist "red scare" in the 40's. Somewhere along the line the comment that it was nearly impossible to disprove that "you are a wife beater!" was added.

It was not BS as it was hyperbole...ie, it was an exaggeration...a figure of speech. He meant nothing by it and you should take nothing from it...

Not to apologize for someone else, but he clearly was NOT trying to attack you. IMHO.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what the point is and quite frankly I don't care. This is a completely BS thing for anyone to say. I am a member of this site to hear what knowledgable Orioles fans have to offer. I would never use the sentence that he did towards anyone for any reason.

I think the point is that thing on the top of your head.:laughlol:

In the attempt at humor.....

If the bolded line above were true, you would have never entered into this thread.....:rofl:

i agree completely this is the most knowledgable statement i have ever seen on this site :laughlol:

I could never disagree with someone brilliant enough to come up with your name! Besides, Nitro was clearly upset even if he missed the original point and I just hate the arguing. I'd rather laugh.

Besides....WE WON TONIGHT!!!!!!!:wedge:

DT is not the problem. The problem is, the team SUCKS!! We need to just face it. I watched the Phillies game tonight, and they had 4 hitters in a row with 20+ HRs. As the younger guys get experience, this team will shine. DT and AM just need to get the crappy playing old dudes off the team (even though they are all younger than me). Snatchy McCrankypants out!

This thread is pretty funny. The guy who started it was just dead wrong in several of his main points in the thread. Not that this is unusual for said poster though it doesn't stop him from continuously pontificating on here. Now, it appears that Zaun may have been traded as a show of support for DT if Tony's info is on the money (and it usually is). This was another "datapoint" for the original poster and it appears that he read that completely wrong (too).

People complained that Trembley was hitting and running us into outs too much earlier in the year. This has basically stopped over the last 40 games.

People complained that our defense was awful despite DT stressing fundamentals. The team has the second fewest errors in the major leagues since the All Star Break.

People complained that folks weren't hustling. I've seen marked improvement in that since the last West coast trip (though I'd guess that some of us haven't based on the amount of complaining I still see about it).

People complained that DT wouldn't stand up to the vets when it was needed. He talked to Roberts about hustle, alluded to it in the press in the right way, and even got Roberts to admit it in the press. He sat down Mora and handled the situation just perfectly when Mora spoke out in the press.

It seems to me that DT has addressed basically all the complaints against him yet all that happens is these same people either find new things to complain about (Andino isn't playing enough? LOL) or they complain about the same old things despite being completely wrong in their research. At some point, it becomes obvious that there are some people that just live to whine and complain all the freaking time.

You know what? You're 100% right. This thread makes me look like an azz and it wasn't anything intentional, just some lazy fact-checking. Not one of my best moments on the OH.

I won't stop posting things as I see them but I do need to brush up on the facts more before I make a post claiming that something happened when it didn't.

Until then. :beerchug1:

So, have you stopped beating your wife?

j/k. ;) I don't want you to prove a negative (petersnee's point), and there's no safe answer for the question anyway.

ETA: Since you're not in a joking mood, I dare not ask why you didn't object to being labeled a communist.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So, have you stopped beating your wife?

j/k. ;) I don't want you to prove a negative (petersnee's point), and there's no safe answer for the question anyway.

ETA: Since you're not in a joking mood, I dare not ask why you didn't object to being labeled a communist.

While I am a proud Libertarian, I less object to being called a communist than a wife beater. :D

Come on, can we just let this go?

The person you were originally upset received a warning. That should be all that's necessary.

Please let it go.

I have let it go, in fact I was in bed by the time you chimed in. How was I supposed to know a warning was issued? I didn't know that type of thing was readily available? Anyway, good morning to all. Now let's talk some baseball. :)

Archived