Cabrera

Greg Pappas

Can somebody give an unbiased account of what happened? I missed it entirely.

Good luck getting that, you've got some posters on here who think the Red Sox are the epitomy of class and can do no wrong and then you've got people like me who despise them and think they are a bunch of showboaters who get away with things because of their popularity in MLB.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can somebody give an unbiased account of what happened? I missed it entirely.

Boston 2, O's 0 a runner on third and Pedroia at the plate.

Cabrera fails to pitch out of the stretch, as he has been told repeatedly, and he balks, giving the Sox another run.

On the subsequent pitch he throws a fastball about shoulder level just behind Pedroia and causes a bench clearing incident. No punches thrown, but Cabrera is furious and is attempting to get at the Red Sox. He is tossed and Trembley angrily confronts the Umps.

Good luck getting that, you've got some posters on here who think the Red Sox are the epitomy of class and can do no wrong and then you've got people like me who despise them and think they are a bunch of showboaters who get away with things because of their popularity in MLB.

Actually it's more along the lines of some of us are actually intelligent.

??Gregarm?? Why did you call me that?

I never said to trade him, I said that he should be sent down to gather his talents and emotions before being given another chance here.

Re: Gregarm - sorry, I spaced.

Greg65 - I don't see where sending him down at this point will do anything positive. That's the type of thing that could trigger an implosion.

If they're trying to take emotion out of his game (I don't know if they are), it's a mistake. He must just need to go somewhere that they let him just be himself.

I love the Orioles more than my local Mets, but it's very easy for me to imagine Cabrera on a staff with Pedro Martinez, under his wing & winning lots and lots of baseball games. I'm an Orioles fan, so I hope he sticks around and does it in black & orange.

Wow buddy, that's crossing the line. :mad:

Why do you think Buchholz "threw at" Nick and Miggy? You think he just liked it? When he hit Nick it was the start of the game. Not only that, but Varitek was setting up high and the ball just got away from him a bit. It was an accident. What Cabrera did was BLATANTLY intentional.

I'm not going to stick up for the Red Sox blindly but I'm also not going to do so for the Orioles. Cabrera messed up. He let his emotions get the best of him.

I would like to know how Boston "got away with things" when Daniel Cabrera threw the ball at a player's head after he himself balked home a run by a windup-pitching-from-the-stretch f' up of his own making?

Witchy

Re: Gregarm - sorry, I spaced.

Greg65 - I don't see where sending him down at this point will do anything positive. That's the type of thing that could trigger an implosion.

If they're trying to take emotion out of his game (I don't know if they are), it's a mistake. He must just need to go somewhere that they let him just be himself.

I love the Orioles more than my local Mets, but it's very easy for me to imagine Cabrera on a staff with Pedro Martinez, under his wing & winning lots and lots of baseball games. I'm an Orioles fan, so I hope he sticks around and does it in black & orange.

It's cool :)

Keeping things as they are is not working, if Daniel is to gather hisself, it should be done at AAA, to remind him that it takes more than talent to wear the uniform of a big leaguer. I guess we'll disagree on this point.

Why do you think Buchholz "threw at" Nick and Miggy? You think he just liked it? When he hit Nick it was the start of the game. Not only that, but Varitek was setting up high and the ball just got away from him a bit. It was an accident. What Cabrera did was BLATANTLY intentional.

I'm not going to stick up for the Red Sox blindly but I'm also not going to do so for the Orioles. Cabrera messed up. He let his emotions get the best of him.

Exactly. Just because youa re an O's fan & supporter, don't stick up for Cabrera when he was totally out of line. We're lucky we didn't get a brawl.

Archived