Cabrera

Greg Pappas

I didn't say you had to support what he did, but if you are an Oriole fan you should support the principle of what he did. He stood up to the Red Sox. Frankly I'm wondering why there is a lack of Red Sox hatred on this site and in Baltimore in general when their fans invade the Yard and their team owns us. Doesn't that upset people? People hate the Yankees more than the Red Sox and that just boggles my mind. The Yankees have 26 championships to back up their actions, the Red Sox have one in the past 85 years and yet they act like they are the greatest organization in baseball. And everyone from the FO to the players and the fans let them. So if you are an Oriole fan, even if you didn't agree with his actions deep down inside I would think you feel good Cabrera actually stood up to the Sox. It's about time somebody besides the Yankees did...

The Red Sox and Yankees fans will stop invading the park when the O's start winning and Orioles fans start coming back. You talk about "standing up to the Red Sox," well how about we start playing solid baseball against them? Oh wait, we suck, so we have to resort to goon tactics, right?

I don't feel good when our pitcher screws up and then gets pissed at the other team. You're either saying his actions are acceptable against every team, or you're making an exception because it's the Sox. Why don't we put ourselves above the Sox (since apparently they're the scourge of the earth), and show some class on the field?

I'm not sayibg I don't enjoy seeing a brushback every once in a while, but Cabrera messed up, and there was no call for it in this situation in my opinion.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If no one else is going to be with JTrea on this, I might as well stand with him. I love Daniel Cabrera. I don't care what Boston did or did not do tonight, they've had that coming to them for a while now. It's just a shame Cabrera didn't go Farnsworth on a couple of them.

Why exactly did they have that coming? Because they have whooped our ass for 10 years? No one deserves a 95 MPH fastball aimed at his ear. Especially when the pitcher is just pissed because he did a stupid thing.

See, I just do not understand this. Cabrera pretty blatantly threw at Pedroia. Boston did nothing wrong, Crisp was dancing off the base like he should have been. Cabrera and Ramon fell asleep, Dcab went from the wind up. The Sox did nothing wrong.

Look, I understand that Dcab loses his cool alot and throws at hitters. But the Sox are not all that innocent. Ortiz is constantly showing off the pitcher with his long stares after a home run. He leans over the plate so you cant come inside on him and someone needs to show him he doesnt own the plate.

How do you know he did it on purpose? Sure, it did look like it but you never know. Dcab already said it slipped so until he admits to it you cant assume.

Then you have Pedroia saying that another player stinks. That shows no class on his part. If your upset fine, but to say another player stinks is uncalled for.

Like Jtrea said. Everyone thinks the Sox cant do anything wrong. I was behind home plate and saw the whole thing. Dcab was getting ready to pitch and someone from Boston said something. Obviouisly it Ramon wasnt happy of what was said and he got into it. Dcab got thrown out because he bumped the umps. Not because he wanted to fight.

Look, I understand that Dcab loses his cool alot and throws at hitters. But the Sox are not all that innocent. Ortiz is constantly showing off the pitcher with his long stares after a home run. He leans over the plate so you cant come inside on him and someone needs to show him he doesnt own the plate.

How do you know he did it on purpose? Sure, it did look like it but you never know. Dcab already said it slipped so until he admits to it you cant assume.

Then you have Pedroia saying that another player stinks. That shows no class on his part. If your upset fine, but to say another player stinks is uncalled for.

Like Jtrea said. Everyone thinks the Sox cant do anything wrong. I was behind home plate and saw the whole thing. Dcab was getting ready to pitch and someone from Boston said something. Obviouisly it Ramon wasnt happy of what was said and he got into it. Dcab got thrown out because he bumped the umps. Not because he wanted to fight.

Who did Pedroia say stinks? I must've missed that, not that I don't believe you, I just must not have been paying attention or something. I'm not saying you were, but to find any fault with what Crisp was doing is ridiculous, IMO. While I have no problem with protecting one's team with a brushback or even hit batsman,I cannot condone throwing at someone's shoulders or head area. That's when your taking their life in your hands. Even if it was not obvious, can you blame the Sox? Seemed pretty obvious after an emotional pitcher makes a mistake, is angry with himself, and takes it out on the next pitch.

Who did Pedroia say stinks? I must've missed that, not that I don't believe you, I just must not have been paying attention or something. I'm not saying you were, but to find any fault with what Crisp was doing is ridiculous, IMO. While I have no problem with protecting one's team with a brushback or even hit batsman,I cannot condone throwing at someone's shoulders or head area. That's when your taking their life in your hands. Even if it was not obvious, can you blame the Sox? Seemed pretty obvious after an emotional pitcher makes a mistake, is angry with himself, and takes it out on the next pitch.

The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."

I never said Crisp did anything wrong. Roberts does it all the time on the basepaths.

I cant see inside Daniels head.No one here can

This is the Daniel I know,very nice, hard working , cares deeply what how he does. This is what I see

Please do not neg rep me and put me down:(

It pretty obivous I think to every one that red sox and yanks seem to get away with ALOT with umps.That is very unfair!

The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."

I never said Crisp did anything wrong. Roberts does it all the time on the basepaths.

Exactly, that's just uncalled for especially from a rookie.

Also these quotes:

"I don't think we escalated anything," Francona said after the game. "I have my hands full trying to de-escalate things. I mean, we're in the middle of a pennant race. We have more important things to worry about. Our focal point was to win."

"It just made him look even more stupid doing that," said Pedroia, Boston's rookie second baseman. "I was hoping he stayed in the game. I was just concentrating on hitting another line drive off him."

The Red Sox are just a team that's so full of themselves it's not funny. They've hadn't won a championship in like 86 years and now they think they're God's gift to baseball. Like I said, Daniel shouldn't have thrown near his head, but the Red Sox were just as classless trying to instigate a fight and mouthing off from the dugout.

Plus Pedroia is just full of it. Sure he's hit Cabrera well, but he's had 3 ABs against him. Get a life dude, with quotes like that you're just as classless as other current and former Red Sox such as Josh Beckett or Pedro Martinez.

Wow, I did not know about those quotes. That's pretty low. Especially from a rookie. Still, it's hard to side with Dcab on this one. And I never said you saw a problem with what Crisp was doing, just some other posters were calling it "little league" and whatnot and that's just completely wrong. Thanks for posting the quotes from Pedroia, they are out of line.

I don't see anybody arguing that the Red Sox are the pinnacle of class. I think Pedroia was out of line calling out Cabrera's ability. However, had he said something like "it seemed pretty obvious that he was intentionally throwing at me," I probably wouldn't be that upset about it. Pedroia has shown a lack of respect in general, which should be disturbing for Sox fans. I've seen him jaw at umpires before, and he seems to show a lack of class that is kind of suprising from a rookie.

If this had been a Sox pitcher throwing at an O's batter after Roberts induced a balk, I'm pretty sure those saying DCab was right would be crying about how the Sox pitcher was wrong and how they have no class or respect. If you can switch the situation around and come to that conclusion, how can you say Cabrera was right?

Bottom line is that if Cabrera was upset at Crisp or Pedroia or whomever, he should make them look silly striking out. He shouldn't be throwing at Pedroia for a mental collapse on the mound.

Exactly, that's just uncalled for especially from a rookie.

Also these quotes:

"I don't think we escalated anything," Francona said after the game. "I have my hands full trying to de-escalate things. I mean, we're in the middle of a pennant race. We have more important things to worry about. Our focal point was to win."

"It just made him look even more stupid doing that," said Pedroia, Boston's rookie second baseman. "I was hoping he stayed in the game. I was just concentrating on hitting another line drive off him."

The Red Sox are just a team that's so full of themselves it's not funny. They've hadn't won a championship in like 86 years and now they think they're God's gift to baseball. Like I said, Daniel shouldn't have thrown near his head, but the Red Sox were just as classless trying to instigate a fight and mouthing off from the dugout.

Plus Pedroia is just full of it. Sure he's hit Cabrera well, but he's had 3 ABs against him. Get a life dude, with quotes like that you're just as classless as other current and former Red Sox such as Josh Beckett or Pedro Martinez.

Couldnt have said it better myself

Archived