CAA Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Maryland really got handled by William & Mary tonight in College Park. Yeah the final score was a six point win, but W&M had a double digit lead for most of the 2nd half and the Terps got a few buckets inside the last minute. The Tribe answered with three pointers and dunks every time Maryland made a shot. I have my reasons for hating Vasquez and Williams and when they lose it’s a beautiful thing.

The Tribe has wins against Wake, VCU, Richmond, Radford and the Terps. Looks pretty nice on paper and so was Vegas giving W&M +12.

--

Mason gets waxed at Radford today. Lackluster effort from GMU - no identity on the road from my favorite team. Guess that happens when you’re rebuilding; some days you look like a top 30 team and other days it gets ugly.

Will Thomas and Folarin Campbell are on the front page of ESPN NCAA basketball.

Ugh the WM Pugs were the worst matchup for the Terps to play. A team that plays good d, and shoots the 3 really really well. They are really really good and should win the CAA. Its weird how they just good good this year.

Our good years are few and far between. We made the NIT in 1983. Huzzah!

And we are not the Pugs :P

Great win for the Tribe last night. I have a feeling the in conference games are going to be brutal this year between the top teams. If the league keeps this up, there should be at least 2 teams getting to the dance this year (hopefully 3.)

Right now W&M are 5th in RPI, and VCU is 13th. The CAA has 3 schools in the top 15 in the mid-major top 25 poll. ODU at 6, VCU 7, and W&M 11.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but have obviously been following the CAA closely...I'm very excited that conference play is in full swing.

With what William and Mary did OOC, its no surprise to see them, ODU, Mason and Northeastern at the top of the conference. To me, those are the no doubt about it four best teams in the conference. I know people expect VCU to be up there, but their guards really haven't impressed me. Rodriguez, Rozzell and Burgess just haven't played well enough so far. Although the team obviously has the talent to go on a nice run.

Drexel has been the big surprise, beating Northeastern and VCU already this year. Harris and Colds have been great for them so far, but I still think they are more in the pack of teams below them than above them.

My boys at JMU have played much better since the addition of transfer Denzel Bowles, who has been an absolute monster since arriving. He and Julius Wells have proven to be a pretty solid 1-2 punch. They are 2-1 in the CAA with Bowles in the lineup.

The Dukes ALMOST went down to ODU and pulled off a win, and will have another shot at a road victory against an upper echelon team on Thursday against William and Mary.

I think basically anyone not named Towson or Delaware could make some serious noise in the conference tournament this year.

The

My boys at JMU have played much better since the addition of transfer Denzel Bowles, who has been an absolute monster since arriving. He and Julius Wells have proven to be a pretty solid 1-2 punch. They are 2-1 in the CAA with Bowles in the lineup.

While George Mason looked great against James Madison last Saturday, I just want to say how good JMU is going to be next year. Julius Wells (17.2ppg) has really stepped up to another level in his sophomore year and Denzel Bowles is a beast (22.4 and 10 a game) - needs to work on his D a bit more though. When Devon Moore comes back healthy; CAA watch out. Except Mason; they won’t have to worry about anyone in the CAA or NCAA next year.:D

George Mason going on the road Tuesday to face one of the game’s unknown stars in Charles Jenkins and Hofstra. 7pm ESPNU! Hofstra still isn’t that good and Mason should win this one by 6, 7 points and whoop up on Towson on Saturday.

Jenkins has been getting a lot of pub on ESPN NCAA basketball this year; twice I’ve seen him as the featured story on their front page. - Once as one of the NCAA’s most underrated and recently listed as the third best player in the nation on bad teams.

Archived