NCAA Tourny expanding to 96 teams??

ccbird

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be about the dumbest thing they could do. Why mess with perfection. Of course, they already have by expanding it to 65, so 96 wouldn't shock me.

It should also be noted that this is a done deal IF: the NCAA opts out of its deal with CBS. Also, it will be either 68 or 96 teams. My guess, is 68.

If it goes to 68, I would be in favor, provided this: they had four play-in games on the Tuesday before the tourney, involving the last 8 at-large teams that got in.

It would make the play-in games much more entertaining and interesting, and would give the teams that win their conf. Tourneys a true tourney experience.

Have the four winners on Tuesday be the 12 seeds in the tourney...that would be awesome.

96 is too many.

If it goes to 68, I would be in favor, provided this: they had four play-in games on the Tuesday before the tourney, involving the last 8 at-large teams that got in.

It would make the play-in games much more entertaining and interesting, and would give the teams that win their conf. Tourneys a true tourney experience.

Have the four winners on Tuesday be the 12 seeds in the tourney...that would be awesome.

96 is too many.

Spot on. This is how I feel as well.

64 was a higher percentage of all of the teams in Div 1 in 1984 than 96 is of all the teams now, I believe.

Some people would complain for the first year or two, but then after that it would be the norm and everyone will love it again.

I don't really like the idea of teams getting byes, but I don't hate the idea of expansion.

64 was a higher percentage of all of the teams in Div 1 in 1984 than 96 is of all the teams now, I believe.

Some people would complain for the first year or two, but then after that it would be the norm and everyone will love it again.

I don't really like the idea of teams getting byes, but I don't hate the idea of expansion.

Exactly! Very well put...More brackets, more gambling, more basketball. What's the bad part again?

How could anyone be against this?!

I mean, you guys are pretty much all MD fans...This means you should actually make the tourney! :D;)

In all seriousness, i don't see this as a bad thing at all. More NCAA tourney action? And I am supposed to NOT like that? Really? :confused:

Plus, the next time Coach K has a back injury, he won't have to have that season expunged from his record ;)

Archived