2 out of the next 3 is a must.

ccbird

Winning yesterday would have been gravy. The only disappointing thing about yesterday was that we weren't competitive. We just need to make sure we get 2 of the next 3. If we are sitting at 7-5 we are in trouble. The last 4 games are very tough.

Clemson

@ VT

Duke

@ Virginia

Clemson and Duke are our two hardest home games. VT and Virginia historically give us trouble on the road and VT is currently undefeated at home in the conference.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winning yesterday would have been gravy. The only disappointing thing about yesterday was that we weren't competitive. We just need to make sure we get 2 of the next 3. If we are sitting at 7-5 we are in trouble. The last 4 games are very tough.

Clemson

@ VT

Duke

@ Virginia

Clemson and Duke are our two hardest home games. VT and Virginia historically give us trouble on the road and VT is currently undefeated at home in the conference.

Even at 9-7, this club is going to the tournament:)

Even at 9-7, this club is going to the tournament:)

Maybe. 9-7 absolutely puts us on the bubble. It's hard to start projecting this far out but I would say beating Duke at home is a must if we are to get in with 9 wins. Otherwise, it'll probably take 2 ACC tourny wins.

Don't be so sure about that....They have a low RPI....No good OOC wins...Their best win is at FSU...Thats a solid win but its not some great win either.

Yeah, they don't have a signature win anywhere on the resume. And, the Duke game was their chance to show they were a top ACC team, and they didn't even show up. They still have something to prove.

20-4 and 7-3 in the ACC is incredibly hard to ignore, bad OOC schedule or not.

Well, a lot of people think they are out...They have a mid major resume..They have no signature wins except Clemson at home...RPI isn't strong.

I am not saying they shouldn't be in but what I am saying is that these teams either not scheduling good OOC teams and/or not beating them.

Teams like VT should be scheduling the middle teams in the conferences like the SEC, Big East, etc....

Well, a lot of people think they are out...They have a mid major resume..They have no signature wins except Clemson at home...RPI isn't strong.

I am not saying they shouldn't be in but what I am saying is that these teams either not scheduling good OOC teams and/or not beating them.

Teams like VT should be scheduling the middle teams in the conferences like the SEC, Big East, etc....

You mean like Georgia, Penn St, Iowa, Seton Hall, and Temple?

You mean like Georgia, Penn St, Iowa, Seton Hall, and Temple?

All of those teams stink with the exception of Temple. That said, there is no way that a 20-4 team from the ACC would be left out, regardless of the RPI and so forth. A split down the stretch should be enough for them.

On another note, I would be disappointed with only two of the next three. We need three of the next four.

All of those teams stink with the exception of Temple. That said, there is no way that a 20-4 team from the ACC would be left out, regardless of the RPI and so forth. A split down the stretch should be enough for them.

On another note, I would be disappointed with only two of the next three. We need three of the next four.

Georgia has beaten ranked Vandy and Tennessee teams. Seton Hall has beaten Pitt and Louisville. They don't stink by any stretch.

Penn State finished 10-8 last year in the Big10, and 22-11 overall. Probably didn't look like a bad game when they scheduled it.

VT faced Iowa in the Big10/ACC challenge, so I don't think they have anything to do with that scheduling.

I was not saying that they are signature wins. SG said that teams like VT should be scheduling middle of the road teams from the major conferences, and I was pointing out that they did exactly that.

Excluding temple, you have beaten one NIT team and 3 confrence dwellers?

Excluding William and Mary, you guys have beaten who, exactly? And oh, that's right, you didn't even beat them. This isn't the year for Maryland fans to talk about OOC play.

His point was from a scheduling standpoint. VT scheduled those expecting them to be middle of the pack teams. Penn State was a bubble team last year with a good amount of that coming back, and Seton Hall isn't a terrible team this year. Georgia isn't great, but they beat GT, Tennessee and Florida.

Iowa they had to play in the challenge.

The point was they did schedule some middle of the pack teams. They just got unlucky that all those teams played like crap. And if I remember correctly, they didn't beat Temple. They lost to them.

And to those in here that think VT is just going to get in because of a gaudy record, think again. You still have to get more wins. 9-7 isn't cutting it with the out of conference work they did. 10-6 probably gets it done, but it would be sketchy without a win over a upper echelon team.

I'm still very bitter about how both Tech-UVA games went this year. We are pretty even teams, Tech just played better down the stretch in both games. UVA completely shut Delaney down all night on Saturday, but Jeff Allen hit some huge shots.

As for the Terps...hopefully they forget about the game tomorrow night :D

Georgia has beaten ranked Vandy and Tennessee teams. Seton Hall has beaten Pitt and Louisville. They don't stink by any stretch.

Penn State finished 10-8 last year in the Big10, and 22-11 overall. Probably didn't look like a bad game when they scheduled it.

VT faced Iowa in the Big10/ACC challenge, so I don't think they have anything to do with that scheduling.

I was not saying that they are signature wins. SG said that teams like VT should be scheduling middle of the road teams from the major conferences, and I was pointing out that they did exactly that.

OK, that's cool and all, but Georgia, Penn State, and Iowa are all sub-.500 overall, and Seton Hall isn't on the bubble. Those aren't middle teams, those are cellar dwellers.

Archived