Great ACC players who never made a noise in the NBA

Frobby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Rodney Monroe?

Was he fire? Or was he ice? Neither he nor Corchiani had good pro careers.

Unless I overlooked it, I'm surprised I haven't seen Terrence Morris on this list.

Beaner, what about Donald Williams? Rick Fox would be a guy who had a surprisingly good career. He was fortunate though to be on those good Lakers teams.

Cory Alexander-UVA

James Forest-Wake, I guess he was a little too short to play power forward in the NBA

Was he fire? Or was he ice? Neither he nor Corchiani had good pro careers.

Unless I overlooked it, I'm surprised I haven't seen Terrence Morris on this list.

Beaner, what about Donald Williams? Rick Fox would be a guy who had a surprisingly good career. He was fortunate though to be on those good Lakers teams.

Cory Alexander-UVA

James Forest-Wake, I guess he was a little too short to play power forward in the NBA

Good call on Fox, he was a decent role player for those Laker teams. Good spot up shooter, good defender, couldn't create for himself, but perfect with stars around him.

Donald Williams, MOP of the 1993 final four (just got his jersey honored last week in fact)..Anyway, he was a good shooter, but not much else. Couldn't handle at all, and really couldn't do much one on one. I don't think anyone expected Donald to get drafted...

I was surprised Randolph Childress didn't have a decent career as a role player. Same thing with a guy like Rodney Rogers.

Steve Blake continues to surprise me that he is a solid NBA player.

Rogers had a solid career.

I can't think of anyone that hasn't been mentioned but recently, I'd say McCants surprised me.

I am surprised people are surprised by McCants...I never really saw him as some kind of very good NBA prospect...I always felt he would be some kind of NBA role player.

I thought he'd be able to score over NBA #2's.

I was wrong.

Chris Washburn and Charles Shackleford?

How could we have missed Washburn? Probably one of the top 5 biggest NBA busts ever..

Shackelford actually played in the league for a while and was a second round pick if I'm not mistaken

How could we have missed Washburn? Probably one of the top 5 biggest NBA busts ever..

Shackelford actually played in the league for a while and was a second round pick if I'm not mistaken

300 games. And, yes, second-round pick.

Archived