Great ACC players who never made a noise in the NBA

Frobby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Rodney Monroe?

Was he fire? Or was he ice? Neither he nor Corchiani had good pro careers.

Unless I overlooked it, I'm surprised I haven't seen Terrence Morris on this list.

Beaner, what about Donald Williams? Rick Fox would be a guy who had a surprisingly good career. He was fortunate though to be on those good Lakers teams.

Cory Alexander-UVA

James Forest-Wake, I guess he was a little too short to play power forward in the NBA

Was he fire? Or was he ice? Neither he nor Corchiani had good pro careers.

Unless I overlooked it, I'm surprised I haven't seen Terrence Morris on this list.

Beaner, what about Donald Williams? Rick Fox would be a guy who had a surprisingly good career. He was fortunate though to be on those good Lakers teams.

Cory Alexander-UVA

James Forest-Wake, I guess he was a little too short to play power forward in the NBA

Good call on Fox, he was a decent role player for those Laker teams. Good spot up shooter, good defender, couldn't create for himself, but perfect with stars around him.

Donald Williams, MOP of the 1993 final four (just got his jersey honored last week in fact)..Anyway, he was a good shooter, but not much else. Couldn't handle at all, and really couldn't do much one on one. I don't think anyone expected Donald to get drafted...

I was surprised Randolph Childress didn't have a decent career as a role player. Same thing with a guy like Rodney Rogers.

Steve Blake continues to surprise me that he is a solid NBA player.

Rogers had a solid career.

I can't think of anyone that hasn't been mentioned but recently, I'd say McCants surprised me.

I am surprised people are surprised by McCants...I never really saw him as some kind of very good NBA prospect...I always felt he would be some kind of NBA role player.

I thought he'd be able to score over NBA #2's.

I was wrong.

Chris Washburn and Charles Shackleford?

How could we have missed Washburn? Probably one of the top 5 biggest NBA busts ever..

Shackelford actually played in the league for a while and was a second round pick if I'm not mistaken

How could we have missed Washburn? Probably one of the top 5 biggest NBA busts ever..

Shackelford actually played in the league for a while and was a second round pick if I'm not mistaken

300 games. And, yes, second-round pick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• As the Joker said, wait till they get a load of me.
    • Worst trade in Os history?       Joking of course.  I know we gave up little and got a lottery ticket that might pop.  Still it was a terrible outing, and he should be on the bus to Norfolk if possible. 
    • I’ll always remember that Portland team that didn’t really have any stars besides Walton but played so great as a team and beat the Sixers for the NBA title. I always enjoyed his commentary as a broadcaster.
    • He was distressed that he was buried in AAA and wasn’t mentally locked in like he should have been.  Maybe he was anxious.  Maybe he was distressed.  Maybe he just didn’t feel appreciated and wondered if it all was worth it. Once he got to the majors he got a new attitude.  I have no idea if this is true, but players are human and their emotions affect their abilities.  Admittedly, we have never heard anything from Stowers but Norby has been quite clear about his situation feeling hopeless.  I don’t know why it would be a stretch for you to believe that would affect performance.  These guys are not automatons. 
    • It’s a good question. He might sign in the 2025 pool. Players can be posted from Nov 1 to Dec 15, after which there is a 45-day posting window.  Chiba gets 25% of bonus as posting fee.  It’s believed that Sasaki has a contractual provision that allows him to get posted this year, though Chiba likely controls the date he is posted.  The current international signing period ends Dec 15 and the next one starts Jan 15.  Thus it would make sense for him to be posted either Nov 1 (for this year’s signing period) or Dec 15 (for next year’s signing period).   It would be logical to wait for next year’s signing period when more unused bonus pool will be available.  The one wrinkle there is that much of next year’s pool will have been verbally committed to top prospects - not to say a team wouldn’t renege on their commitments to sign Sasaki. Additionally, the Dodger’s only have $5 million next year and might be able to increase their pool in the current period to close to that with trades. The biggest reason why I think he might sign this period is that I don’t think the Dodger’s would have saved $3 million if they didn’t think there was a good chance that he would sign in the current period.
    • I hear where you're coming from (partly tongue in cheek) but I do think Stowers is different in the fan mind than his peers in the Norfolk pipeline--being older and already having multiple chances to prove himself or not. That said, his longtime supporters will be clamoring for what you describe, while his longtime skeptics (myself included) will keep being skeptical.  Today, we're all happy for him!
    • I'm not even sure what hyperbole is, but Stowers is leading the team in batting average at .375 😉 Lets see what he has now. Everyday, vs righties and lefties.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now