NCAAT discussion thread..Upsets? Seeding? Teams to watch?

Sports Guy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES ITS VERY HARD TO WIN AT NC STATE lololol

I think there were plenty of things Greenberg sad that you could take issue with, but I don't know why this is what you point out. Its a road game in the ACC. Duke lost there. Wake lost there.

So, i just did my bracket and I am not sure how much I like my picks.

My final 4 is Duke, WVU, Cuse and Kansas..I have Kansas beating Duke in the final.

I have Siena and Murray St in the sweet 16.

The one team that I really want to take further is GT....I think they have a great shot against OSU but the FT% and TOs are going to kill them...But Ohio St doesn't have a ton of size, so Favors, Lawal and Peacock could dominate the game.

But Evan Turner is a beast.

The Fighting Illini won 5 games vs. the top 25; Cal none just saying. Illinois could have easily won the Pac 10 regular season crown. (Probably a stupid argument anyway.) Florida was on the bubble? In terms of making the regions as even as possible - just an awful job with the disparity between the Midwest and the South. Too bad VTech didn’t schedule a tougher OOC schedule; they got a lot of talent on that team and only have themselves to blame for not making the tournament. Hearing people say a Utah State etc. should be left out but it’s very tough for a Utah State to schedule games against good OOC opponents where it is very easy for a VTech to play good OOC teams. In terms of what was in front of them, Utah State took care of business.

No way should the Terps be ranked higher than Temple. Then again, the Owls don’t have to play in the Midwest region. Cornell and Gonzaga deserved better seeds as well. If I was a Duke fan, I would be pleased about the South versus how I would feel as a Kansas fan and the very tough Midwest region.

Baylor is very good but a 3 seed? Nothing is going to shock me this year; I wouldn’t be surprised if they made the Final 4 or lost in the 2nd round. A lot of great games and potential upsets as well lined up for the first round.

So, i just did my bracket and I am not sure how much I like my picks.

My final 4 is Duke, WVU, Cuse and Kansas..I have Kansas beating Duke in the final.

I have Siena and Murray St in the sweet 16.

The one team that I really want to take further is GT....I think they have a great shot against OSU but the FT% and TOs are going to kill them...But Ohio St doesn't have a ton of size, so Favors, Lawal and Peacock could dominate the game.

But Evan Turner is a beast.

Picking GT is tempting...but Evan Turner is just so darn good...and Lauderdale can help handle some of GTs size. That will be a fun game if GT can live up to their potential.

I'm a little disappointed WVU didn't get a #1 seed although I did expect them not to. #4 RPI, #3 SOS and winning the conference title in the nations best conference is a damn good resume.

I'd love to see a final four of:

Georgetown

Syracuse

West Virginia

Villanova

I don't expect all four to make it but I wouldn't be surprised if any of those 4 do make it. At least the seedings make the dream possible by separating those teams in their brackets. But looking at the initial brackets I think Duke has the easiest road of the #1s and I expect Kansas to advance in the Midwest.

I'm a little disappointed WVU didn't get a #1 seed although I did expect them not to. #4 RPI, #3 SOS and winning the conference title in the nations best conference is a damn good resume.

I'd love to see a final four of:

Georgetown

Syracuse

West Virginia

Villanova

I don't expect all four to make it but I wouldn't be surprised if any of those 4 do make it. At least the seedings make the dream possible by separating those teams in their brackets. But looking at the initial brackets I think Duke has the easiest road of the #1s and I expect Kansas to advance in the Midwest.

I honestly don't believe Duke would beat Nova but I am not sure Nova will get there either.

As a Duke fan, I am really worried about Louisville...I was hoping to avoid them in the second round and maybe they will but I expect them to beat Cal and give Duke all they can handle.

Archived