5/2 Boston @ Baltimore

srock

I can't deny it was good strategy there. It was the lowest pitch of the at bat and just the kind of location that's been vexing Jones.

I think he threw him a splitter, looking at the grip on replay. Pretty nasty pitch. Tought to lay off on 0-2

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to be nit picky but he ran once with Jones (he foulded it) then twice with Markakis (one foul, one CS)

;)

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I'd like to see more straight up steals. Hold the swings. Advance the runner perhaps, sometimes you fail but more than likely you won't especially with Boston.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I'd like to see more straight up steals. Hold the swings. Advance the runner perhaps, sometimes you fail but more than likely you won't especially with Boston.

In fairness though, we have exactly 0 base stealers with out Roberts. I would like to see us switch Lou for Gathright or Patterson. Both are far superior defensively than Lou and both can pinch run and steal a base.

I am pretty sure none of the 3 can hit.

In fairness though, we have exactly 0 base stealers with out Roberts. I would like to see us switch Lou for Gathright or Patterson. Both are far superior defensively than Lou and both can pinch run and steal a base.

I would think that Jones and Markakis could be decent base stealers if given the chance. But, I would rather see them run on Martinez than Varitek.

I agree with you, we don't have any real base stealers. However I think Jones, Lugo, Izzy and a few others would probably make it most of the time in this game.... Boston is like 6/44 throwing out base stealers. granted that's mostly Martinez but that's still awful...

Nice leadoff single by Nick, lets get some runs!!

I agree with you, we don't have any real base stealers. However I think Jones, Lugo, Izzy and a few others would probably make it most of the time in this game.... Boston is like 6/44 throwing out base stealers. granted that's mostly Martinez but that's still awful...

Nice leadoff single by Nick, lets get some runs!!

Agree, Jones is hitting now so maybe we will see him move more....the other two need to get to first base, but your point is a good one.

Archived