5/5: Os @ Yanks

Dr. FLK

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can't field a bunt! He hasn't all year. He plays way too far back in bunting situations.

Tejada looks lost at times. Sometimes (not all the time), he doesn't know where to throw it or he bobbles a grounder.

Look....I'm not hating. I'm a huge Orioles fan here but I don't think he's a good 3B. Might not be his fault. Trembley even said he didn't practice it much during Spring Training. That's horrible managing/coaching.

He's probably our best hitter though.

Weird, because he fielded a bunt on the very next play :rolleyes:

Coming in on balls was the biggest thing he struggled with at SS, so it makes sense that he's not great at charging swinging bunts or actual bunts at 3B. But having a weakness doesn't mean that overall he bad or "embarrassing" as you put it. He's not great at balls he has to charge a ton, but he's been very good at balls hit to either side of him and his arm has saved a lot of plays. Again, he's been solid over there. This is a fact moreso than an opinion, as all the defensive metrics I've seen (although small samples) have supported that.

I am so close to getting my second bird, I can taste it!

Edit: If this ends up in the OOC thread, so be it! :rolleyestf:

At a quicker rate than me. Don't rub it in. To be fair, I've suffered about 150 demerits from Tony over the last year. :D

Archived