How do you feel is the best team in the playoffs?

Sports Guy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not neccassarily the team that you think will win but who do you think is the best team, top to bottom, in the playoffs and why do you feel that way?

Probably Cleveland.

They have the best 1-2 punch in terms of SP, have a great offense. Their bullpen could be a problem but Borowski DID save 40 games this year.

Face it, every team has a flaw or two but I think the Tribe have the fewest flaws.

Probably Cleveland.

They have the best 1-2 punch in terms of SP, have a great offense. Their bullpen could be a problem but Borowski DID save 40 games this year.

Face it, every team has a flaw or two but I think the Tribe have the fewest flaws.

I agree Cleveland and Red Sox are about even with me. Although, I have not paid enough attention to the NL to understand their weaknesses/strengths.

But their bullpen is not that flawed, great set-up men in Betancourt and Perez. Cleveland's big three is stronger than most people think.

I am still pulling for the Fightin' Phils though!

Anaheim gets looked over too much IMO....Great pitching. But i am not sure they have enough offense but that may not matter...Pitching wins in the playoffs normally.

I would say the best team is Cleveland as well but i think the Angels and Red Sox are close.

The Yanks have the best offense and i would still rather give the ball to Rivera than any other closer in the playoffs but i am not sure about their starters or their bridge to Chamberlain and Rivera.

Boston will need Gagne to get to where he was in Texas.

I think the Cubs may be the best NL team.

The Yanks are clearly the top team going into the playoffs. They have the best record since July 1.

The Angels have struggled lately and the BoSox still have plenty of holes. The Indians, on the other hand, seem like they beat anybody but must get good starts from Sabathia and Carmona to beat the Yankees.

In the NL, Cubs or Phils. DBacks have been lucky all year and Colorado's pitching will catch up to them. Phils in 6 over Cubs.

The Yanks are clearly the top team going into the playoffs. They have the best record since July 1.

The Angels have struggled lately and the BoSox still have plenty of holes. The Indians, on the other hand, seem like they beat anybody but must get good starts from Sabathia and Carmona to beat the Yankees.

In the NL, Cubs or Phils. DBacks have been lucky all year and Colorado's pitching will catch up to them. Phils in 6 over Cubs.

Their pitching was better than Philly's this year. Team ERA was almost .50 run better. They walked less and had had more QS as a team...The Phils did K more guys.

The Phillies second best starter is their closer.

Their pitching was better than Philly's this year. Team ERA was almost .50 run better. They walked less and had had more QS as a team...The Phils did K more guys. [/Quote]

Colorado's pitching staff is young and inexperienced. They also only have one legitimate #1/2 SP in Francis. Cook is a great GB pitcher, but has a tendency to get hit hard. Jiminez and Hirsh...who knows what they could do. Basically Colorado is boom or bust with their pitching. As for the Phils, it's well known that it's Hamels and nobody else.

The Phils still have a better offense IMO. They have a team OPS of .793 on the road compared to Colorado's .730.

Colorado's pitching staff is young and inexperienced. They also only have one legitimate #1/2 SP in Francis. Cook is a great GB pitcher, but has a tendency to get hit hard. Jiminez and Hirsh...who knows what they could do. Basically Colorado is boom or bust with their pitching. As for the Phils, it's well known that it's Hamels and nobody else.

The Phils still have a better offense IMO. They have a team OPS of .793 on the road compared to Colorado's .730.

And Philly's staff isn't??

Did you read what I said? The Phil's staff is Hamels and nobody else. But don't tell me that Moyer isn't experienced! haha
Yea, Moyer is but no one else really is.

And i did read what you said...You said that Colorado's pitching will catch up to them....Well, statisically speaking, they are better than Philly pitching wise, so is Colorado's pitching going to catch up to them but Philly's won't?

Archived