Heading to see Berry and the Keys

Tony-OH

Enjoyed the Prospect Tracker entry on Berry. Thanks Tony!

How did Mahoney look? You know I'm high on the big fella's upside.

I'm going to get something up in his tracker here soon, but in a nutshell, he seems to adjust well to offspeed stuff but I'm a bit worried about the inside fastball.

Not too good a report. Did any of the position players show you anything you liked?

Nobody really jumped out at me. Julius had a nice little game but there are some real holes in that swing, especially underneath his hands. Mahoney adjusts to the off speed pitches well, but I'm a little worried on the inside pitch.

Miclat has a good idea at the plate of what he's doing but there are questions on whether we're looking at a guy who will need to make a Brain Roberts transition due to lack of arm strength. Hudson has a slow bat but has great plate discipline and doesn't swing at bad pitches. Avery has quick hands but still is raw (he failed to bunt two easy fastballs and seems to top everything). I liked Ward defensively and if he can hit at all he might sneak into the majors as a backup somewhere.

Hoes and Welty did not play. Really, just a typical night watching an Orioles minor league affiliate. A few pitchers of interest, but nobody jumps out at you from the offensive side. Mahoney, Miclat and Avery probably are the top three guys I saw.

Nobody really jumped out at me. Julius had a nice little game but there are some real holes in that swing, especially underneath his hands. Mahoney adjusts to the off speed pitches well, but I'm a little worried on the inside pitch.

Miclat has a good idea at the plate of what he's doing but there are questions on whether we're looking at a guy who will need to make a Brain Roberts transition due to lack of arm strength. Hudson has a slow bat but has great plate discipline and doesn't swing at bad pitches. Avery has quick hands but still is raw (he failed to bunt two easy fastballs and seems to top everything). I liked Ward defensively and if he can hit at all he might sneak into the majors as a backup somewhere.

Hoes and Welty did not play. Really, just a typical night watching an Orioles minor league affiliate. A few pitchers of interest, but nobody jumps out at you from the offensive side. Mahoney, Miclat and Avery probably are the top three guys I saw.

Tony,

Looks like you checked out the Keys one night to early. Tonight, 6-4-10, the bats woke up: Miclat goes 4 for 5 pushing the average to .319, Hudson 2 for 4, Avery 1 for 4 (3B) and Mahoney 2 for 3.

Archived