Looking Ahead To Florida State

JohnD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW! Maryland just got hosed on as bad a replay call as I have ever seen. It just isn't meant to be for this team. Nice effort' date=' but even with that hideous replay call, they just didn't do enough to win tonight.[/quote']

You said it.

Plenty, PLENTY of chances to win this game. They just had to score a TD or two instead of a field goal.

Heck, even w/5 minutes left Terps still only need a TD to stay in it.

Yep' date=' they just left too much in the hands of the football gods....and the football gods just took a piss all over this team.[/quote']

Yeah, a good 'ol drink a 6 pack of light beer, been holding it for 10 minutes while standing in line, 45 second beer piss.

Game....set.....match.

And that's why Maryland is Maryland. They always choke in big games.

I don't remember the last time the Terps won a big game on Thursday/Sat night on ESPN.

The last blackout evening game of any importance that was televised on ESPN that I can remember was a drubbing that WVU gave us.

El Foldo again....

You know, Maryland came up short, but the future looks real bright with Danny O'Brien under center. Great game despite the ending... Maryland did a good job overall, despite being hosed by a terrible call, and despite still needing a few playmakers on the defensive line.

You know, Maryland came up short, but the future looks real bright with Danny O'Brien under center. Great game despite the ending... Maryland did a good job overall, despite being hosed by a terrible call, and despite still needing a few playmakers on the defensive line.

Agree, DOB looks good and overall it was a solid showing. However, its clear they haven't taken the "next step" or whatever you want to call it that it takes to win big games. Heck, FSUs running back was killing them.

That call near the end of the 4th Qtr didn't mean much. It only cost them 3 pts but the Terps were behind 4 so they had to score a TD on their next possession anyway.

NC State is winnable next week with a strong effort.

They are what they are...a middle of the pack ACC team. And for most of the past decade that's all they've been. They took advantage of poor red-zone play to beat Navy in the opener. After that, all they did was beat all the bad teams on their schedule and lose to all the good teams on their schedule. They'll lose for certain against a good NC St team next week, finish 7-5 and will beat some crappy C-USA team in the Whatever Bowl Game it is they play in DC. Then they'll thump their chests about how they won 8 games and boast about their big plans for 2011, only to come up short again in the big games. Rinse. Repeat.

I will say though, when the Terps aren't busy making their own bad luck, they sure don't get much good fortune either. And I'm speaking mainly about the OL. They have done a terrible job of recruiting at that position in recent years. And yet they seem to have injury after injury to the unit that can least afford to suffer any losses. If I was a decent OL recruit, I'd stay away from MD just because I'd be scared of what misfortune might befall me if I went there.

Yeah, you've got to score TDs. It also seems like the big play is killing us.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Terps won one of these vaunted "black out" games?

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure they wore the black unis the night they beat FSU in 2006. It was a cold and very windy late-Oct evening...I remember that part most of all because I was there. Anyway, the Terps led most of the game but FSU scored late and was down by only 3 late in the 4th. They drove into FG range with less than a minute left, but Jeremy Navarre blocked an FSU FG attempt to seal it for the Terps.

Actually, after some research, they were wearing black two weeks after that FSU game when they beat Miami 14-13 on Nov 11, 2006.

Archived