Looking Ahead To Florida State

JohnD

This is not to say that the Virginia game is a gimme or anything. The Terps will have to work for the win, and I think they will.

But I'm looking ahead to Florida State. It's an 8pm game on Saturday, November 20th. ABC Primetime at Byrd Stadium. Maryland's chances of making the ACC Championship game hinge greatly on this game. Yeah yeah yeah, I know they're still not a "great" team or anything like that. If all you haters and negative Nellies want to nit pick on the flaws of the team though, take it somewhere else. This ain't the thread for that. This is for the true believers. The homers who want to see them shock the world, and the conference, and who aren't going to get worked up about what may stop them from doing so, but instead get excited about the ways it can happen.

You guys are the ones I want to see packing Byrd Stadium with me that night. I want to tailgate all afternoon and into the evening with you guys. The ones who will be there screaming "LET'S GO MARYLAND! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*" as the team gathers in front of Testudo moments before kickoff. The ones who will lose their minds and scream like the Ozzie song commands when they charge out.

Fill up that stadium next Saturday. You can get tickets for as low as 30 bucks. You have ALL DAY to tailgate and work yourself up into a lather. It's the biggest game at Byrd Stadium in years. Be there with me to cheer and scream and party like that's so. There's no reason not to attend. Help make this an event. Sell it out. Go crazy. Be there. Let's Go Maryland!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooooooooooo pumped for this game. Will be going down to UVA for the game there. Then, have a little while to mentally prepare for this game against FSU. Should be awesome. I know they're giving out shirts to the students and they'll be wearing the updates "Wounded Warrior" UA jerseys. I really hope that people come out and pack Byrd.

I think there's about a 2% chance that we get College Gameday. For one, there isn't a really great game on the schedule at night. Plus, it's around Veteran's day-ish, we're wearing the Wounded Warrior unis, close to D.C. etc. That would be incredible. But I don't think that they're dying to bring a football college gameday to a 85% full Byrd Stadium. Pack the house people!!

Sooooooooooo pumped for this game. Will be going down to UVA for the game there. Then, have a little while to mentally prepare for this game against FSU. Should be awesome. I know they're giving out shirts to the students and they'll be wearing the updates "Wounded Warrior" UA jerseys. I really hope that people come out and pack Byrd.

I think there's about a 2% chance that we get College Gameday. For one, there isn't a really great game on the schedule at night. Plus, it's around Veteran's day-ish, we're wearing the Wounded Warrior unis, close to D.C. etc. That would be incredible. But I don't think that they're dying to bring a football college gameday to a 85% full Byrd Stadium. Pack the house people!!

I wouldn't put the odds any higher than that. I think the most likely choice will be at Iowa for Ohio St/Iowa. Even though it's a 3:30 game, it will likely have heavy Rose Bowl implications....which the Gameday crew will want to talk up much more than a game with ACC Atlantic Division implications.

I'm just hoping that the game will get the reverse mirror broadcast on ESPN 2, as ABC will be showing USC @ Oregon St out here. Otherwise, it's internet feed once again. :cussing:

There's no way we get game day. Game Day will be in Iowa City. Game Day isn't restricted to night games nor is it restricted to games on the ESPN family of networks. College Station would be the second choice.

It might not be a restriction, but it would seem unusual to me for them to go to the expense of sending the Gameday crew to hype up a game that is being shown on another network. But if memory serves they have done it once or twice with SEC games that CBS broadcast. Still, seems pointless to me.

It might not be a restriction' date=' but it would seem unusual to me for them to go to the expense of sending the Gameday crew to hype up a game that is being shown on another network. But if memory serves they have done it once or twice with SEC games that CBS broadcast. Still, seems pointless to me.[/quote']

They do it 2-3 times a year. They were just in Utah for Utah/TCU and they also were in Columbia, SC for USC(e)/Bama which was on CBS.

In my opinion, it lends credibility to Gameday. They go to the spots with the best games regardless of who's airing the game later that day.

They do it 2-3 times a year. They were just in Utah for Utah/TCU and they also were in Columbia, SC for USC(e)/Bama which was on CBS.

In my opinion, it lends credibility to Gameday. They go to the spots with the best games regardless of who's airing the game later that day.

It does boost their credibility. But it also seems un-ESPNish to hype a game that is not only on another network, but a game that is also running head-to-head against a game being shown on your own network. Since I never watch Gameday, I don't particularly care. That said, I know several Duck fans that have driven down to Eugene Friday night and slept in their cars so that they could wake up around 5am and claim a good spot near the Gameday set when they were in town.

Gameday is basically the only non-game program I tune into on ESPN. Part of the reason is because it's un-ESPN-ish. It really is amazing at what Gameday has become.

Anyway, back to the MD/FSU game. Hopefully MD can beat UVA this weekend so that there will be mroe hype for the game.

Game is a BLACKOUT for anyone who doesn't know already. Did a pretty decent job promoting it at the Charleston game last night. That's something that's been lacking under previous administrations.

Blackout game. It's on. Let's see 55k strong wearing black and screaming their heads off. I want all of you there. You can all tailgate with me. I park in Lot U on south campus. We'll drink, play cornhole, and bring Byrd Stadium the closest it's ever been to Cole Field House before. Get your tickets now if you haven't yet. Seriously, let's do this. Let's go crazy. Let's Go Maryland!!!

I'll be there in the student section wearing my black, can't wait for this game should be a BLAST.

Me too! Had a great time at UVA, glad we could come out with the win.

Really pumped for FSU. On paper, we really don't have a chance to beat them, but you never know what can happen when a team has some momentum and a pumped up home crowd behind them. The team and fans are really going to have to will a victory is they want to get one.

I find myself looking back at the Miami game as one that got away. If the Terps win that game then they likely need to win on of their two remaining games to play in the ACC Championship game.

The Terps control their own destiny, if they win the next two games then they play in the ACC Championship. I do not feel the Terps will win both games, but would feel good about the season if they won one of these two games. The Terps could finish third in the ACC and get a very good bowl game after missing out on one last season. Either way, I think the Terps will be rewarded for their season even of they lose their last two games.

You got to like how this season as went with so many young players. I thnk quarterback play has been much better this season.

The Miami game is over. No reason to dwell on it. It'd have been nice, but, oh well. We just beat Virginia. That brings me happiness the way few other things in sports do. I hate UVA. I haaaaaate UVA. I want them to go 0-12 every year. I bet Thomas Jefferson wishes he had built a giant dog pound instead.

But now it's on to Florida State. HUUUUUUGE game now. Tickets are $30. Get them. NOW. Show up there with me. Let's party all afternoon. I'll be there between 3 and 3:30 in Lot U. Maybe a bit before, but not too much more. Show up there with me. It's primetime. It's a black out. Seriously, the bandwagon needs more passengers. Let's go, people!

The Miami game is over. No reason to dwell on it. It'd have been nice, but, oh well. We just beat Virginia. That brings me happiness the way few other things in sports do. I hate UVA. I haaaaaate UVA. I want them to go 0-12 every year. I bet Thomas Jefferson wishes he had built a giant dog pound instead.

Thomas Jefferson was a spoiled rich kid who didn't know how to control his spending and was perpetually in debt, slept with his slaves while writing about freedom, opposed the present Constitution in favor of essentially anarchy as the alternative, and supported the French Revolution vehemently even after it became clear that they were going beyond desiring republican liberties to beheading anyone who had ever even looked at a picture of a crown.

So, yeah, he fits right in...;)

Archived