Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that some teams value what their fanbase prefers, and with the lack of people in Texas screaming that they MUST have Vlad, it could make it possible that their FO might consider a more cheaper route with Lee. And I've been called abrasive.:laughlol: But while were at it, I'd love to have Halladay and Pujols also. Thanks. Please read between these -----------
I think it's safe to say no team makes decisions based on fan based preferences.:rolleyestf:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's safe to say no team makes decisions based on fan based preferences.:rolleyestf:

I would not go that far. Fans have their favorite players and teams that want to sell tickets do take that into consideration, no? Roberts?

I am assuming if you make this trade you are signing a DH.

Otherwise besides getting a younger first baseman I don't see how you have improved our lineup for this season.

Well first of all, making that deal is about improving long term, not just one season where we aren't contending.

Secondly, yes I would sign another player..One of the DH's out there would be my target.

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that some teams value what their fanbase prefers, and with the lack of people in Texas screaming that they MUST have Vlad, it could make it possible that their FO might consider a more cheaper route with Lee. And I've been called abrasive.:laughlol: But while were at it, I'd love to have Halladay and Pujols also. Thanks. Please read between these -----------

It's a Christmas miracle! How did you get into the green rep?:)

I think my heart just grew three sizes this day. Maybe we will get Prince Fielder. We can wear the black jerseys - they're slimming. Anything is possible...congrats...peace and joy to all...

I think I need a new and exciting thread and this week figures to be another slow one.

I think this update is current:

2430gms‎ Adam LaRoche / The Orioles are in discussions to sign LaRoche, MASN Sports reports.: The Orioles are in discuss...

The Orioles are in discussions to sign LaRoche, MASN Sports‎ - fantasysp.com

Twitter - 669

11 minutes ago

I think this update is current:

2430gms‎ Adam LaRoche / The Orioles are in discussions to sign LaRoche, MASN Sports reports.: The Orioles are in discuss...

The Orioles are in discussions to sign LaRoche, MASN Sports‎ - fantasysp.com

Twitter - 669

11 minutes ago

Old news...

This is from here, which is sourcing rotowire.com. Which is sourcing MacPhail: No deadline imposed on LaRoche. Dated 12/22/2010, which has been discussed on here, at here.

I go to bed on Christmas eve with this last tid bit about the 1st base vacancy. It has probably been posted, but figured I'd pass it on.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

I think if we need to look this far down the ladder, that Branyan and Thames would be the lefty/righty combo to go with, but if we sink this far down the line, it doesn't really matter now does it?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think you did read it wrong. They have said that Lee wants like $8-10 million a year , NOT Laroche. I think that just got ran with in error. The last solid thing I heard, was "Orioles offer Laroche 3 year deal", no wait, it's

Orioles deny offering Laroche 3 year deal", or was it, Orioles offer Laroche 3 year $21 million deal", or was it "Buck denies Orioles offer 3 year $21 million deal". Like I said, later Laroche and his agent once signed elsewhere, will relay the TRUE amount that the Orioles lowballed, I mean offered Laroche... or was that Dunn...or was that Konerko.. or was that Martinez? At this rate, the names just have been changed to protect the innocent.... or is the guilty?

I think you did read it wrong. They have said that Lee wants like $8-10 million a year , NOT Laroche. I think that just got ran with in error. The last solid thing I heard, was "Orioles offer Laroche 3 year deal", no wait, it's

Orioles deny offering Laroche 3 year deal", or was it, Orioles offer Laroche 3 year $21 million deal", or was it "Buck denies Orioles offer 3 year $21 million deal". Like I said, later Laroche and his agent once signed elsewhere, will relay the TRUE amount that the Orioles lowballed, I mean offered Laroche... or was that Dunn...or was that Konerko.. or was that Martinez? At this rate, the names just have been changed to protect the innocent.... or is that the guilty?

Are you trying to be annoying?

Zrebiec posted a new blog that includes some minor updates on the talks with LaRoche and Lee.

When I last checked in with sources a couple of days ago, the Orioles remained in negotiations with both Adam LaRoche and Derrek Lee. LaRoche had been insisting on a three-year deal, but there is some talk that his demands have come down a little bit and more in the Orioles’ preferred range. That has led to talks between the two sides, which were clearly at an impasse for much of last week, picking up again. Still, some key decision makers in the organization maintain interest in Lee, who is seeking a one-year deal in the $10 million range. The Orioles have traded proposals with Lee’s agent, Casey Close, on a couple of occasions and the two sides aren’t too far apart on terms. However, Lee, like LaRoche, does have other options, and didn’t have the Orioles high on his wish list when free agency began. I’m told that he has warmed to the idea a little, but it’s hardly a sure thing that he’d come to Baltimore even if the Orioles had the best offer on the table. The Texas Rangers, Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Rays, Arizona Diamondbacks and Washington Nationals are among the teams that still could add a first baseman.

Archived