3/21: Orioles vs. Blue Jays

Don Quixote

I will edit this later as Toronto's lineup is not yet out.

For the Orioles (6-8-4):

Endy Chavez RF

J.J. Hardy SS

Wilson Betemit 1B

Adam Jones CF

Matt Wieters C

Mark Reynolds 3B

Nolan Reimold LF

Chris Davis DH

Robert Andino 2B

Tommy Hunter RHP

This is Hunter's first Grapefruit League start this year. Armando Galarraga, Matt Lindstrom, Luis Ayala, Oscar Villarreal and Pat Neshek also are available to pitch.

For the Blue Jays (15-4-1):

Rajai Davis CF

Omar Vizquel SS

J.P. Arencibia C

Adam Lind 1B

Ben Francisco RF

Travis Snider LF

Yan Gomes 3B

David Cooper DH

Mike McCoy 2B

Kyle Drabek RHP

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gameday described it as a "soft ground ball to righ field." Gotta wonder about the infield defense when Betemit is at 1B.

No doubt. Bentemit seems like a liability no matter where you try to hide him. Johnson's comeback has really made him redundant on this team.

Endy Chavez continues his hot hitting in the spring. Leadoff single.

Gotta give Chavez credit for making a good first impression. He's been nails this spring. I don't see it lasting, but at least he looks like he got something left in the tank and should be a good 4th outfielder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’m not trying to do some hot take. I’m just saying that I don’t see how Povich cracks this rotation over the next two seasons, and I dont think his relief profile is better than the LH relievers we have. So therefore I think his best value to us would be a trade to a 2nd division/rebuilding club.  But all of this is just my opinion. And if people want to disagree that’s welcome. It’s a discussion board. If anyone thinks my opinion is a hot take, or it rubs then wrong personally, or goes against the group think, well that’s more on them.  We’re all allowed to have opinions. Nothing personal. I love the winning and the new posters, but a simple differing opinion shouldn’t result in neg reps or devolving into Facebook level posts.  I appreciate the discussion. Heck, sell me on Povich. Where does he fit in on our roster through 2025?
    • He can still have an impact on this team as an optionable reliever. He’d probably not get above relief option any way on this year’s team and maybe that’s what best for him long term given his injury history. However, we do lose Burnes and Means after this season.  Wells and Suarez are at least options to start next season. 
    • It’s funny that we always make such a big deal about service time and getting the extra year, and avoiding super two, but oddly the players closest to FA are the ones struggling on our team other than Burnes. Means, Santa, Hays, and Mullins. If Mayo can play some 3B/RF then there is a role for him on this team to replace McKenna. When Hays is ready to come back we can reevaluate things to see who would go. I’d like to see Mayo’s bat vs the LHP the next two games in the small park. 
    • Definitely gotta respect Irvin. He seems like a guy that is willing to do whatever to win. This isn’t the first dominant stretch of his career. He was leading the AL in ERA at the all star break in 2022.   
    • Count me as so one who wants to see this as well.  Suarez looks like something to me.  The bullpen suddenly looks promising. 
    • According to the MLB standings, The Red Sox are only 6-12 against teams that are better than .500. Shockingly (I know this is about the AL East), but the maybe the AL East isn't presently the beast it usually is. The Central which has been lousy for a while appears to be much stronger. All but one team are over .500. Big change.
  • Popular Contributors