• 9.7k views
    • 158 replies
    • 20k views
    • 235 replies
    • 26k views
  5. A New Hope

• 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • If the Rangers want MLB pieces, I wonder if Urias could be interesting as a fit for them as a bench guy? He is controllable for 2 years after this one. They obviously have stars in their infield with Semien, Seager, Jung, and Josh Smith is having an out of nowhere great year, but depth is always valuable. Smith is definitely a plus utility guy now, so maybe Urias is not that interesting for them, but it seems Smith can also play the OF and hasn’t played much 2B. I don’t think Urias is a primary piece in a trade or have all that much trade value, but maybe the Rangers could be a fit if they are focused just on retooling for 2025. 
    • Yes, you do that trade, but I'm not sure Detroit will.  They may demand more than one arm back in a trade, and they may demand Cowser over Kjerstad.   Offense is not a real issue for the Orioles.  Pitching has suddenly become a major issue for the Orioles.  You make a deal to get one of the top arms in the league who is more than a year and a half under control. But the bullpen is an even bigger problem.  Who do the O's then trade to get some relief help?  There is no one ready in the minors.  
    • Did you guys not learn with Cease that players with one really good year won’t bring you the return you think they should?  Did you not learn that lesson? And unlike Cease, Robert has a huge availability issue, he’s not very reliable and judging by the play the other day, he’s also either dumb or lazy(at least times). I would trade for him but the time to trade him was in the offseason, when I told you guys you should. Now his value is down..a lot. 
    • Oh boy. First of all, you know the issues with crochet and none of them have anything to do with talent.  Don’t be naive and act like you don’t get that. Fedde has been nothing until this year. Is it a first half mirage or more than that? We don’t know. Maybe the sweeper he picked up in the KBO is a true game changer and will change him long term or maybe people just haven’t seen him and they will adjust and his lack of missed bats and Ks will start to catch up to him. Fedde can be an option but he should be way down the list imo. If other options aren’t there, Fedde can be revisited. Until then, he should be on the back burner and if we lose him because of that, so be it..no real loss.