I disagree with AJ: It will take more than 92 to win the division

wildcard

Adam says 92 wins the division:

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=2506208&p=

The O's are currently 30-30. Last year after 60 games the were 31-29. 5.5 games behind the Blue Jays. One half game ahead of the Yankees. The O's ended up winning 96.

This year after 30 games the Yankees have 33 wins, TB had 32. The O's and Blue Jays had/have won 30.

I don't know who will step forward for the season but I see no reason the some team can't win 96 from were they are now. It probably depends on health.

I agree with both of you.

Let me explain. Your argument is that based on where everyone is, there is no reason that some team cant win 96. I think you are correct. I also think that there will be no two AL East teams that win 92+. Therefore, I think you are both very likely correct.

The last year that 92 wins would have won the AL East:.......2000

No...2011 if you don't count the Os last year. Your math is a little off, you need to look at the 2nd place team. So actually a bunch of years 92 would've worked.

Right now the Yankees are on pace to win 87, KC 93, Houston 90, I don't see any of these teams pulling away. Certainly not the MFY the way the have been playing. A very flawed team, as are all the AL East teams, including the O's. We need to play .584 the rest of the way to win 90.

We could have won it with 85.

Not if some of the extra losses were to the Yankees or Jays. But 92 wins by the Orioles would have won last year, and if the O's win that many games this year they'll win the AL East. Which I think was Adam's point.

Not if some of the extra losses were to the Yankees or Jays. But 92 wins by the Orioles would have won last year, and if the O's win that many games this year they'll win the AL East. Which I think was Adam's point.

Right now it looks like injuries will have to take out the Jays. Their offense is scoring big. He could win a lot of games.

Right now it looks like injuries will have to take out the Jays. Their offense is scoring big. He could win a lot of games.
We seem to be saying this about a different AL East team each week. Maybe next week it will be the O's after we sweep the Jays. Their pitching sucks.

Archived