Brian Matusz suspension (8 Days Confirmed, Back Today)

Crazysilver03

Figured I would get it started since a suspension is likely coming. Wil Smith of Milwaukee was handed 8 games for a similar thing but is appealing.

Sucks he can't be replaced while suspended, but hopefully an appeal will leave him on the roster past the DH.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something needs to be done about this rule You can't tell me that the O's coaches weren't aware of Matusz' sticky stuff, nor the other O's pitchers who use it. It is a common practice and is understood to be for grip, not to alter the movement of the ball. I would be surprised if we don't see a rash of these silly ejections until the league makes some kind of ruling

Figured I would get it started since a suspension is likely coming. Wil Smith of Milwaukee was handed 8 games for a similar thing but is appealing.

Sucks he can't be replaced while suspended, but hopefully an appeal will leave him on the roster past the DH.

Really? So were we down a roster spot for Chris Davis last year while he was suspended? I did not know that.

I was about to say this is actually a blessing in disguise because Matusz stinks and this would open up a roster spot for one of these young guns. But apparently not. I wonder if we can DFA him real quick before the MLB makes their ruling?

Really? So were we down a roster spot for Chris Davis last year while he was suspended? I did not know that.

I was about to say this is actually a blessing in disguise because Matusz stinks and this would open up a roster spot for one of these young guns. But apparently not. I wonder if we can DFA him real quick before the MLB makes their ruling?

We weren't a man down with Davis. PED suspensions allow for replacements. But not suspensions for little things.

sunscreen and rosin more likely there. Pine tar sticks out on a white guy. It was barely visible.
They were talking about pine tar tonight. Besides how would sun screen make the rosin more sticky? It's the pine tar that would do that.

They were talking about pine tar tonight. Besides how would sun screen make the rosin more sticky? It's the pine tar that would do that.

Again, Fox on air tv guys are some of the dumbest bunch out there.

Sunscreen and rosin together is actually better then pine tar for grip. Rosin is just dried up resin. When mixed with sunscreen (Bullfrog or the like), resin will turn into tacky substance. So you spray your arm with sunscreen, grab the rosin bag with your hand (you really only need to do it once) and keep dabbing your fingers on the sunscreen.

Look at what crew chief Emmel says here http://m.mlb.com/news/article/126266710/brian-matusz-ejected-for-foreign-substance

This just screams 'wtf Miami?'

And Atlanta too? You can bet every game now joe armchair is gonna be 'it's under his hat!.....it's on his left ear!.....'

At least with the Braves the opposing player failed the "Don't make it obvious" test.

Archived