Bordick on Matusz

CA-ORIOLE

First of all, I actually like Bordick, but this guy needs to think before he opens his mouth. The top of the ninth he's going on about how Matusz came in and "slammed the door keeping the Orioles in the game".

What are you talking about Mike? Matusz allowed all 3 inherited baserunners to score. He walked in the first one in and then allowed a bullet double off about a scrub of a RHB as you're gong to find in the majors. Slammed the door?

Yes, Matusz looked good with the K's, mostly against the LHB's but come on Bordick. Get it together man.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No earned runs again for Matusz. Guy is a magician.

Snark aside, I thought he looked better than he has most of the season. However the results weren't good enough. The situation couldn't have been set up better for him with three lefties in a row and a back up catcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, I actually like Bordick, but this guy needs to think before he opens his mouth. The top of the ninth he's going on about how Matusz came in and "slammed the door keeping the Orioles in the game".

What are you talking about Mike? Matusz allowed all 3 inherited baserunners to score. He walked in the first one in and then allowed a bullet double off about a scrub of a RHB as you're gong to find in the majors. Slammed the door?

Yes, Matusz looked good with the K's, mostly against the LHB's but come on Bordick. Get it together man.

I've never seen a broadcaster/analyst compliment mediocre to poor performance as often as Bordick does. The Matusz comments definitely are not an isolated incident.

I think being a former player (like most color analysts) he obviously doesn't want to slam other players, but he needs to be a little more honest/objective.

Would have been a great job to not let any runs. A good job if one scores. Two would be a failure . I can't say the word for letting all three in. He can't get RHB's out. He has things perfectly set up with 3 LHB's and walks the first one. As soon as he comes back we lose. Goodbye already!!!

And take Snider with his one home run and 14 RBI with you!!

It's not just that he can't get RHB's at. We've seen him come in the game in key situations and walk lefties before. Bottom line....he can't be trusted in any type of crucial/pressure situation. No command of off-speed pitches and a 90 MPH fastball doesn't cut it.

I've never seen a broadcaster/analyst compliment mediocre to poor performance as often as Bordick does. The Matusz comments definitely are not an isolated incident.

I think being a former player (like most color analysts) he obviously doesn't want to slam other players, but he needs to be a little more honest/objective.

Yeah, and it's too bad. He's a good analyst and he's lightened up quite a bit, but I think you're right with your analysis. He needs to shape up or he's just going to end up being more of a joke like Dempsey.

Would have been a great job to not let any runs. A good job if one scores. Two would be a failure . I can't say the word for letting all three in. He can't get RHB's out. He has things perfectly set up with 3 LHB's and walks the first one. As soon as he comes back we lose. Goodbye already!!!

It's accurate that he's providing Nick Markakis like production for a fraction of the price. Unfortunately, that production sucks no matter the cost.

And this is why people people have an issue with Matusz. He comes in and promptly walks in the tying run and then gives up a 2 run double. He then gets like 4 Ks and his ERA goes down. I'll be so glad when he's gone.

Bordick was the only person inside Camden yards praising Matusz, between Dickerson's non send with 2 outs, Snider's lousy at bats, Buck sticking with Wright too long and then bringing in Matusz, surrounded by Yankee fans everywhere, it was a extremely frustrating game to go to.

Go get the Phillies tomorrow.

Allowing two runs when you come in with the bases loaded and nobody out is a failure? Christ.

Archived