• 2.3k views
  2. Ramon Martinez

• 8 replies
    • 2k views
    • 13 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views

• I think at $5 million he's an insurance policy that can go to the pen if need be. I'd rather not go into spring training with him penciled into the rotation. But I also don't want Trevor Rogers penciled in either.  He also could be a bridge until Bradish is ready.
    • So to all of you saying you would bring him back…. GRod, Eflin, Kremer, Felix, DC, Webb, Soto, Dominguez, Akin and Cano That leaves room for 3 more pitchers and this doesn’t include McDermott, Rogers or Povich. 3 spots left, 1 high end reliever and 2 starters. Which of those 3 spots do you want him at or, who do you take off the above list and keep Suarez over?
    • I went to a few games this year, but here are the reasons I didn't go to the WC games: The team had been an absolute bummer to watch for 3 entire months out of the season and to be honest by the time the playoffs got here I was exhausted and annoyed. The brand of baseball they had been employing for half the season (over-reliance on the home run, terrible ABs, iffy defense) frankly sucked to watch, even on TV, and I'm already spending money to watch them on TV. I wanted them to prove they could get past the WC round before I shelled out more money. I imagine a lot of people share these reasons with me. 
    • People whining about 41k attendance and blaming it on the city have no idea what they're talking about.  Why were there 47k+ of Game 1 against the Rangers last year? Did the city all of a sudden not matter then? It was also a day game. Alas, it was on a Saturday. And they had that locked up for awhile. Why has attendance went up YoY? Look at the Astros and the Brewers. They had *less* people at their G1 games. Is Milwaukee not a nice city? Is Houston not a nice city?  This is pretty simple. It was a day game during a weekday with crappy weather coming off a pretty lackluster performance going into the playoffs. And folks didn't know if there'd even be a home game until, what, barely a week before?  People like winners. Miami is an awesome city. They got a new stadium when it first opened. But guess what? That team stunk in fairly short order upon stadium opening and attendance tanked. 
    • Would love to bring him back on a 1 year deal for anywhere from $3-$7m.  Great depth arm. Don't pencil him into the 5th starter role. This club needs to pickup two starters: a TOR arm and a BOR arm. Have an open competition for the 5th spot. If Suarez doesn't make it, he'd be a great middle reliever arm. Open competition between Free Agent, Suarez, Povich, McDermott, and Rogers. Do not just go into 2025 penciling Rogers into any role.