• 3k views
    • 20 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 26 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 1 reply

• I think it has definitely effected some guys…but the offense is still elite even with that.
    • The only thing I can think of is when Westburg came up last year Elias commented that he expected Westy to play regularly and at the end of the year said something like he considered Westy to be an "established" player. Elias didn't make a comment like that with Ortiz, Stowers, Norby, Holiday, or Mayo. IMO that was Elias telegraphing his wishes for Westy and possibly some frustration with Hyde playing vets over prospects.
    • The fan in me would love to have him back, but how would that work if we were to sign an "impact starter" like everyone wants, along with providing opportunities for Povich, Young, and McDermott plus Rogers? If he struggles you might say "stick him in the bullpen" but we have a pretty full group with few optionable guys. Between Bautista, Cano, Seranthony, Akin, Soto, and Webb, that is six guys. Plus we probably bring back one of Coulombe/Perez, and Elias likes to have at least one spot for waiver guys or optionable guys. I don't see where Suarez fits or who he would be better than.  His biggest value is starting, but I don't know how long of a leash he could have when we already have four guys for two spots, and that's with no additional signings.  
    • Conflicting info happens all the time . You can’t find on google but it you search on bing his contract pops right up. Which from Suarez’s pov makes sense. Why at age 35 would you want to box yourself into the minimum the next 2 years