Trade Rickard and some prospects for a starting pitcher?

calmunderfire

Maybe they don't know he's not very good in the field yet? He's had 11 games in majors. Now is the best time to sell high for Rickard. He's not going to play much defense. He's not going to hit for much power. He's not going to be a high OBP guy. Sell high. Sell now.

There's no better way to improve a MLB team's fortunes than a series of trades based on the fact dudes on the Internet know a heck of a lot more about players than MLB GMs. If Duquette would just scan the Hangout for trade ideas instead of muddling along on his own the O's might be in first place!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's become pretty apparent that we're in trouble when it comes to pitching. Nothing disasterous has happened, we're leading the division and such. But it's good to be proactive. Tillman has been inconsistent throughout his career. Jimenez is declining. Gallardo has lost his stuff. Chen is gone. Gonzalez blows now and is released. Gausman is still a prospect. Worley and Norris look like #5 starters. The bullpen and especially our key guys are getting overused.

Something has to be done before it turns sour. I'm in support of putting in Rickard, Harvey and maybe an early round pick for a quality mid rotation starter somewhere. Because we need it bad.

I think it's a bit too early to worry about the pitching. IMO

There's no better way to improve a MLB team's fortunes than a series of trades based on the fact dudes on the Internet know a heck of a lot more about players than MLB GMs. If Duquette would just scan the Hangout for trade ideas instead of muddling along on his own the O's might be in first place!

johnny_carson_karnak.jpg

I think we should discuss the premise of this post, what we have known for some time-we need starting quality pitching to win big this year. We did not buy any, so we must trade for some. What are our trade chips without mortgaging the future?

Catcher? If we are committed to Wieters, then we sign him long term and trade Joseph.

OF/1B? We seem to have a ton of those, who should we trade and what could we get for them?

Bullpen arms? We also seem to be loaded at this position. Should we weaken the pen to strengthen the rotation?

I think we should discuss the premise of this post' date=' what we have known for some time-we need starting quality pitching to win big this year. We did not buy any, so we must trade for some. What are our trade chips without mortgaging the future?

Catcher? If we are committed to Wieters, then we sign him long term and trade Joseph.

OF/1B? We seem to have a ton of those, who should we trade and what could we get for them?

Bullpen arms? We also seem to be loaded at this position. Should we weaken the pen to strengthen the rotation?[/quote']

Agreed. Maybe look at trading Trumbo, Pedro, Reimold, Rickard, Wieters, etc. Somebody. We have these chips. We need starting pitching.ight as well explore the options.

Agreed. Maybe look at trading Trumbo, Pedro, Reimold, Rickard, Wieters, etc. Somebody. We have these chips. We need starting pitching.ight as well explore the options.

I think you are using the term chip loosely.

Gausman and Schoop are chips.

Maybe they don't know he's not very good in the field yet? He's had 11 games in majors. Now is the best time to sell high for Rickard. He's not going to play much defense. He's not going to hit for much power. He's not going to be a high OBP guy. Sell high. Sell now.

11 games in the majors. Mid April. Doesn't seem like you would be able to get much of anything back right now. Maybe we sign Kyle Lohse and get Gausman back.

11 games in the majors. Mid April. Doesn't seem like you would be able to get much of anything back right now. Maybe we sign Kyle Lohse and get Gausman back.

Which team is telling their season ticket holders that 2106 is over? It's like a game thread.

I wouldn't mind seeing if we can trade Weiters, Joseph or Pedro for SP.

Any team could have signed Pedro Alvarez this offseason, and he was still on the market in February. But yes, I'm sure a team is now willing to trade a starting pitcher for him based on his rousing start to the 2016 season.

Any team could have signed Pedro Alvarez this offseason, and he was still on the market in February. But yes, I'm sure a team is now willing to trade a starting pitcher for him based on his rousing start to the 2016 season.

Not what I meant. We could send them Pedro plus something else. Give him time too, he'll start airmailing balls soon.

Not what I meant. We could send them Pedro plus something else. Give him time too, he'll start airmailing balls soon.

You are doing it again.

In order to trade someone you first have to pick a player with trade value.

Who needs a Pedro Alvarez?

Keep in mind he is a pure DH that was non-tendered by his old team and didn't get a job until ST was underway.

Archived