• 4.2k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 130 replies
    • 14.3k views
  3. Machado Underrated? 1 2 3 4 6

• 78 replies
    • 7k views

• Really good points, but some body going to pay more than Minimum. Also he has no options.
    • I think his overall results were mostly smoke and mirrors. And as soon as he reached about 100 innings as a starter, the results were terrible. And I don't think he can strike enough guys out to pitch out of the pen. He would be fine if he had options and could be used as needed, but I wouldn't want him consuming a spot on the 26 all season.
    • Yep. Great story and I’m good with him here if they move some pitchers I don’t expect them to move but I don’t believe he is a must keep at all. The thing that I believe is missing in some of these discussions is that the Os only have so many roster spots available next year and you need to upgrade the team. You can’t keep everyone because if you do, you can’t make the team better from outside the org and they need to do that.
    • Maybe. But the Os offense has been one of the best in the league anyway. They may be better but how much better would they be?     The pitching would undoubtedly be worse.  We aren’t throwing a lot of elite guys up there.
    • He's a major asset when he costs $750k but not so much if he costs $5-10M and we have guys like McDermott and Young ready, with options remaining in case they struggle. If we pay Suarez $8M and he struggles like he did in September, would we have the guts to DFA him?