Any chance Kim starts tonight versus Archer?

mskrulz

Will Kim start versus Archer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kim start versus Archer?

• Yes...He will get his shot.
    • Nope...He's buried on the bench.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has an astonishingly slow bat according to Oriole coaches and scouts. A deep failure in the scouting department...at least so far.

I defer to the judgement of the coaches and scouts who have seen Kim closer and more often than I have, but watching him in the game yesterday, his bat didn't look "astonishingly" slow to me.

I defer to the judgement of the coaches and scouts who have seen Kim closer and more often than I have, but watching him in the game yesterday, his bat didn't look "astonishingly" slow to me.

I agree. I think he's behind schedule and he started really slow and we really wanted him to go to AAA. But, maybe this whole thing was overplayed for that reason?

I agree. I think he's behind schedule and he started really slow and we really wanted him to go to AAA. But, maybe this whole thing was overplayed for that reason?
Kim's game is to wait on pitches deep in the zone, pull the off speed stuff and slap the FB to LF. He probably was working on timing his swing and led people to think he had a slow bat. He also got into BP group that was full of pull hitters and starting trying to pull FB that's not his game and so his bat looked slow.

Kim's game is to wait on pitches deep in the zone, pull the off speed stuff and slap the FB to LF. He probably was working on timing his swing and led people to think he had a slow bat. He also got into BP group that was full of pull hitters and starting trying to pull FB that's not his game and so his bat looked slow.

Nice analysis, makes sense. I'm glad he got on base his first AB yesterday (and later again). Teammates don't seem to be shunning him or bearing a grudge against him for supposedly weakening the roster. Buck's post-game comments show that he still wishes he didn't have to carry him though--the press provided opportunities for him to praise Kim and he only very hesitantly, reluctantly said something about the "what little bit [Kim] contributed." Jeesh. If Adam et al--and even the fans at the park--can handle it, Buck should learn how to too.

I was at the game yesterday, and I couldn't believe how slow his bat was. There's definitely a chance his bat speed will increase with regular playing time, but it definitely looked awful yesterday.

This is all coming from my "totally-not-a-scout" judgement, though.

Makes sense and would explain a lot of things.

Could get ugly fast . Im grateful for 5-0, but I don't have much hope today. Its their opening day at Fenway. Uh-oh.

Don't need to win today. Although I'd love to. Sounds bad but I may be content with a 1-2 series in Boston and 6-2 record. Just don't get swept.

Archived