Any chance Kim starts tonight versus Archer?

mskrulz

Will Kim start versus Archer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kim start versus Archer?

• Yes...He will get his shot.
    • Nope...He's buried on the bench.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has an astonishingly slow bat according to Oriole coaches and scouts. A deep failure in the scouting department...at least so far.

The dilemma (Kim's Predicament...) is he hasn't even been in a "competitive" game in like two weeks. Talk about rusty.

Exactly. And to be clear, I think he said he wants to get everyone in, not a start for everyone, big difference.

Pretty sure he said "start".

Yes, found it:

"“I’m trying to get everybody a start before we get through this homestand,” Showalter said. “Got Caleb (Joseph) and Nolan (Reimold) in there.”"

Roch.

My guess is no. But it would make sense to sit Pedro against Archer. He hasn't looked good. Give Kim a start at DH. Keep him off the field if Buck is that worried about defense. Problem with Archer is he has a good fastball, so Kim might not make sense at this point. Need some slop thrower. Odorizzi really isn't that guy (Sunday), but I suspect Kim will start on Sunday.

He's had 11 PA thus far in the regular season...

Walked in 3 of them. An 0-8 start seems pretty fast to start being concerned and using that as a reason to sit him.

"The clocks different, and that's why it's so hard to find people like Ryan who can do it at different positions. But Ryan was going to play somewhere today, and I've got one more to get in there before we leave."

The "one more" is outfielder Hyun Soo Kim, who is expected to start on Sunday."

SchoolOfRoch

On a side note, both Byung Ho Park of the twins and Dae-Ho Lee of the M's hit bombs tonight. Hopefully when Kim plays, he doesn't feel too much pressure to follow suit.

Maybe Davis DH's and Pedro plays 1b?

I don't see what that would accomplish aside from making our defense worse. With LHP starting, Alvarez has to sit. For his own confidence and for the benefit of the team we can't have him going 0 for 20 to start the year if he can help it.

Archived