• 1.1k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. 2009 Draft Shortstop

• 6 replies
    • 2k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1k views

• I'd want to se who the opponent is and re-evaluate then, but right now it's definitely Kremer. If Kremer does start and pitches well, you have to figure he'll cover no more than five innings (or roughly twice through the lineup, again depending on the opponent). There will be plenty of innings left, and Suarez would be a candidate for them in a close game, even if Hyde insists on following Kremer with a LHer). 
    • Might as well lock the Tigers into the 5 seed now. They of course get the White Sox this weekend, while KC gets to go to ATL and play a Braves team that will most likely start the weekend still alive for the third WC in the NL. That’s a tough bit of scheduling luck for them. So WC round likely will be KC @ HOU and DET @ BAL, unless the Twins somehow revive their season that’s on life support.    Cant say I’m looking forward to playing the Tigers again, although perhaps by Tuesday it will be past time for that worm to have turned. 
    • I think it’s fair and correct to list injuries and bad batted ball luck among the reasons the team faltered.   We just shouldn’t delude ourselves into thinking those were the only reasons, or even the biggest ones.   
    • The vast majority of umpire bad calls are on pitches outside the zone being called strikes. This might be the worst I've ever seen for pitches inside the strike zone being called balls.   
    • like to see us figure out a way to win this one.