Mike Napoli dealt to the Blue Jays

paulcoates

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He made $3.6M last year. The Angels struck out with Crawford, Beltre and Soriano this offseason. I think moving him to sign Vlad makes A LOT of sense.

I don't know about that.

Guerrero had a bounce-back season last year at 35, going from a 107 OPS+ in 2009 to a 122. Napoli had a down season at 28, going from 120 to 113.

Who is more likely to have the better season? Especially considering that Napoli can play some defense. He is under team control through 2013, too.

Unless they are getting something of value back in the deal and aren't paying much, if any, more for Guerrero, I don't see how it makes much sense.

If true, this is an amazing deal by AA to unload Wells, who was regarded as the worst contract in baseball.

There must be more parts to it.

Yeah, like some major dollars going to the Angels along with Wells. He's owed $86 mm for the next 4 years. Most backloaded contract I ever saw.

Guest Hayden2004

StoneLarry Larry Stone

by KenWeinman1057

If Angels are picking up all $86 million owed Wells, plus giving up Napoli and maybe Rivera, they're nuts

StoneLarry Larry Stone

by KenWeinman1057

If Angels are picking up all $86 million owed Wells, plus giving up Napoli and maybe Rivera, they're nuts

If this is true, Juan Rivera and Mike Napoli to the Blue Jays for Vernon Wells, the Blue Jays easily win this trade.

Wells will be their new CFer, even though his UZR/150 was worse than Hunter, who was moved to RF because of his defense.

Archived