Q & A with MacPhail

8ripken2131

Would Reimold go back for Bay? I'd assume he'd be blocked at the corners if Bay were acquired. Does Reimold play center? Or if Tejada is traded for Pie as is heavily expected, there'd be no room for him anywhere?

Reimold, Liz, Penn for Bay?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would Reimold go back for Bay? I'd assume he'd be blocked at the corners if Bay were acquired. Does Reimold play center?

If he could that would be a nice outfield. Bay, Reimold and Markakis!!! O man I need a bib I just started drooling.

My take on the McPhail interview was that much of what he said verified what we've been told by the "insiders'. The trade of Tejada for Pie, Marshall and prospects sounds like the kind deal we can expect. Acombination of position players, and relievers.

This could be a very interesting week. I hope I can get some work done.

Question for anybody really. We propose all this speculation of Bedard to the Dodgers for 3 of their top young players. But, is this speculation based in any reality? Are the Dodger really in the market for another top starter? Or is it just "they have a lot of prospects we want, let's trade him there" mentality. They would have Penny, Lowe, Schmidt, Billingsly, Wolfe and Kershaw on his way.

Erik is in one of his moods?
Its funny in AM's response he responds with his trade value first, and then adds that they have had preliminary talks. (Talks that my guy was not aware of!). Just seems strange how AM responded to that question.

Question for anybody really. We propose all this speculation of Bedard to the Dodgers for 3 of their top young players. But, is this speculation based in any reality? Are the Dodger really in the market for another top starter? Or is it just "they have a lot of prospects we want, let's trade him there" mentality. They would have Penny, Lowe, Schmidt, Billingsly, Wolfe and Kershaw on his way.

I would expect the Dodgers to be in it.

Its funny in AM's response he responds with his trade value first, and then adds that they have had preliminary talks. (Talks that my guy was not aware of!). Just seems strange how AM responded to that question.

Let the hype begin!

:D

This is why I love the offseason. We loooooove hype, almost moreso than action!

My only problem with Bay is that while he's not old, he's not exactly young either. He's already 29, which surprised me.

Me too, he feels like he should be 25. Well, look at it this way, we'd replace Tejada's power production, get 2 years younger and still do a lot of rebuilding around him.

Archived